Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Using Amxx Compiler in [Code::Block] Possible ?

Post New Thread Reply   

counterstrike1.6
Old 09-07-2022 , 09:49   Using Amxx Compiler in [Code::Block] Possible ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi All !!!
I want to Use Code::Block for Amxx compiler because i dont like Amxx Studio and Using VS Code its hard for me to use i simply love Code::Block. It possible to use Amxx Compiler in Code::Block ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2022 , 21:36   Re: Using Amxx Compiler in [Code::Block] Possible ?
Reply With Quote #2

VS Code isn't too hard once you get familiar with it. I'm sure that I don't even know half the functionality but I've written/modified all my plugins with it. For AMX Mod X plugins, I use the extension "AMXXPawn Language" by Klippy which has been very useful.

I had never heard of this "Code::Blocks" before you mentioned it here (guess it's quite old having started in 2005). However, it seems like it's a stale project since there hasn't been a release since 2020.

If it's any good, I suspect that there is a way to configure it to run the AMXX compiler on your files. You should consider looking through the manual to see what features they offer.

Overall, I'd be hesitant to get too in love with it since it doesn't seem to be in development.
Old 09-08-2022 , 03:37   Re: Using Amxx Compiler in [Code::Block] Possible ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
VS Code isn't too hard once you get familiar with it. I'm sure that I don't even know half the functionality but I've written/modified all my plugins with it. For AMX Mod X plugins, I use the extension "AMXXPawn Language" by Klippy which has been very useful.

I had never heard of this "Code::Blocks" before you mentioned it here (guess it's quite old having started in 2005). However, it seems like it's a stale project since there hasn't been a release since 2020.

If it's any good, I suspect that there is a way to configure it to run the AMXX compiler on your files. You should consider looking through the manual to see what features they offer.

Overall, I'd be hesitant to get too in love with it since it doesn't seem to be in development.
Code::Block also come with Compiler and Non Compiler too. My Friend [The Joyful Programmer (Discord)] suggested me to use TDM Compiler for C and C++. But i love Code::Block and want to run Amxx Compiler in it and also i am searching Alliedmodders threads

Last edited by counterstrike1.6; 09-08-2022 at 03:38.
deprale
Old 09-12-2022 , 06:33   Re: Using Amxx Compiler in [Code::Block] Possible ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterstrike1.6 View Post
Code::Block also come with Compiler and Non Compiler too. My Friend [The Joyful Programmer (Discord)] suggested me to use TDM Compiler for C and C++. But i love Code::Block and want to run Amxx Compiler in it and also i am searching Alliedmodders threads
Just use VS CODE, code::blocks is abandoned software, yes you could probably make it compile using amxxpc.exe but you won't have any support from anyone in this community once something goes (inevitably) wrong. We also got Klippy's VSCODE extension like fysiks said, therefore you have definitions and stuff like autocompletion.

You don't even need to know all the functionality of VS CODE, you could probably pull out productivity levels of VIM if you're nerdy enough, but I barely know any keybinds or shortcuts and I still use it because all I need is open file new file save and compile.

I agree with you on the simplicity part - code::blocks looks super simple compared to vs code. At this point you're far better off with AMXX's own IDE you can find on the downloads page.