Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Is AMX Mod server plugin a virus?

Post New Thread Reply   

efrain86
Old 02-04-2023 , 17:54   Is AMX Mod server plugin a virus?
Reply With Quote #1

Some guy contacted me about joining a team and invites me to his server to see if I'm good. When I join I can't move or jump and my chat is being spammed with:

Error: We are using AMX MOD on our server for a fair game! You can obtain it at this path: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/amx_mod.zip

When I go to that directory there is a .exe and 2 .dll files. Just wanting to know if anyone knows what this plugin is or if it's legit?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2023 , 21:38   Re: Is AMX Mod server plugin a virus?
Reply With Quote #2

"AMX Mod" and "AMX Mod X" are server-side only tools. Nothing from these should be running on your computer. Also, "AMX Mod" (the one that is NOT supported here) is known to contain malicious code. Also, neither AMX Mod or AMX Mod X run on any Source-based games like CS:GO. I would suggest that you delete those files and never join that server ever again. They probably named it that so that it sounded like something you'd think is not suspicious.

Technically, they can have a server-side plugin that expects certain things to be satisfied before allowing you to play and sometimes that's a client-side program but you should avoid those at all costs because it's way to easy for them to hack your computer with them.
Old 02-09-2023 , 02:41   Re: Is AMX Mod server plugin a virus?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain86 View Post
Some guy contacted me about joining a team and invites me to his server to see if I'm good. When I join I can't move or jump and my chat is being spammed with:

Error: We are using AMX MOD on our server for a fair game! You can obtain it at this path: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/amx_mod.zip
vshare
When I go to that directory there is a .exe and 2 .dll files. Just wanting to know if anyone knows what this plugin is or if it's legit?

I got this,..
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2023 , 22:54   Re: Is AMX Mod server plugin a virus?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain86 View Post
I got this,..
uh, what?