Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Quickplay Question

Post New Thread Reply   

danielmyst777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2014 , 14:45   [TF2] Quickplay Question
Reply With Quote #1

Does anyone know if the server quickplay trend affects the flow of traffic into the server? I checked my server trend on quickplay and noted that the status was "good" but the trend was "downward fast" from "upward fast" and from "steady". Will the trend affect this flow of traffic to the server even though the status of the server is "good"?

Last edited by danielmyst777; 12-16-2014 at 16:46.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2014 , 16:42   Re: [TF2] Quickplay Question
Reply With Quote #2

From what I can tell, the downward and upward things mean basically nothing. I've had my PropHunt server down for a week and it went to "Upward Fast" as soon as I reopened it to the public. With barely any traffic on it. And it's not even on QuickPlay, not that it would be allowed since it uses ph_ maps.

Also, from what I recall, server advertisements are only allowed in signatures (although The Rules imply they aren't allowed at all.).

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-16-2014 at 16:43.
danielmyst777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2014 , 16:49   Re: [TF2] Quickplay Question
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
From what I can tell, the downward and upward things mean basically nothing. I've had my PropHunt server down for a week and it went to "Upward Fast" as soon as I reopened it to the public. With barely any traffic on it. And it's not even on QuickPlay, not that it would be allowed since it uses ph_ maps.

Also, from what I recall, server advertisements are only allowed in signatures (although The Rules imply they aren't allowed at all.).
Thanks for the enlightenment on the trending status. I was freaking out thinking that Valve would count the amount of disconnects and downtime against me as a server reputation. Any tips on how I can increase the visibility of my server to the community and get seeders/regulars fast?
Old 12-17-2014 , 15:31   Re: [TF2] Quickplay Question
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmyst777 View Post
Thanks for the enlightenment on the trending status. I was freaking out thinking that Valve would count the amount of disconnects and downtime against me as a server reputation. Any tips on how I can increase the visibility of my server to the community and get seeders/regulars fast?
Building a base is difficult. Get your friends on to try to get to about 16 active people on. 16 seems to be to magic number for quickplay to kick in (in my opinion) and TF2 will start sending players our way. I would advise getting a website going, stats, forums, etc.

It will take you awhile, and a lot of seeding, but its possible to start from the ground up.