FF2 [Boss] FemSpy

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2012 , 11:53   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
Female spy has also full ammo (6+[26]) on my linux server running latest FF2 version. :/
Just to be clear, this includes running the 1.04 version of special_noanims.ff2?

When you guys say full ammo, is this even before an ammo box is picked up? I'm wondering, because it's freak_fortress_2.sp that's supposed to only give them 3 ammo.

btw, I'm likely going to switch over to the mp3 sounds posted earlier and deprecate the special_ragdolls module in the next update, as it's not working as I'd hoped; the game server is passing the ragdolls to the clients at a random point and I don't seem to be able to properly update the ragdoll attributes before this happens.

Having said that, I was (and probably still am) having problems with the weapon1 attributes not being applied to weapons properly in 1.04. This is likely why when I applied attribute 150 to the knife it wasn't working properly.

Edit: Deleted reply to other post.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2012 , 12:36   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Just to be clear, this includes running the 1.04 version of special_noanims.ff2?

When you guys say full ammo, is this even before an ammo box is picked up? I'm wondering, because it's freak_fortress_2.sp that's supposed to only give them 3 ammo.
Yes I'm running latest special_noanims.ff2.

I dont know :/
I will check this because I have disabled the revolver. I like the idea having a stealth boss with a knife so the players can not see the boss clearly since the "HP sprite" particles are always around the boss...
Old 04-26-2012 , 15:37   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #13

Regarding the ammo bug. I have tried a number of different weapons both stock weapon slot 0 and 1 and switching around their slots with arg etc. Windows box at home and linux - all buggy - spawn sometimes 24, sometimes 36 etc. I even tried the limiting ammo attribute etc without any lasting success. Hope someone can get this fixed as of right now have nerfed 2 bosses

The other thing should mention is only seems to work with the first ability # when assigning new weapon ( for instance if you set (ability1) shotgun on full rage, but then set it for, say pistol, on death (-1) (ablility2) it will still only choose shotty on death..if you reverse the order of "ability#" if will always assign the pistol.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2012 , 16:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Regarding the ammo bug. I have tried a number of different weapons both stock weapon slot 0 and 1 and switching around their slots with arg etc. Windows box at home and linux - all buggy - spawn sometimes 24, sometimes 36 etc. I even tried the limiting ammo attribute etc without any lasting success. Hope someone can get this fixed as of right now have nerfed 2 bosses The other thing should mention is only seems to work with the first ability # when assigning new weapon ( for instance if you set (ability1) shotgun on full rage, but then set it for, say pistol, on death (-1) (ablility2) it will still only choose shotty on death..if you reverse the order of "ability#" if will always assign the pistol.
I've noticed earlier that attributes seems to be ignored at the moment on weapon1, etc... This means that things that don't work on weapon1 may still work on rage_new_weapon.

Although rage_new_weapon accepts the slot to put the weapon in for the player, I'm not so sure TF2 actually honors it. After all, the slots are hard-coded into the weapon index.. TF2Items doesn't actually have a setting which allows you to select a slot. Having said that, make sure you're using the Engineer shotgun (index 9) if you want a primary shotgun.

I've glanced at the code for rage_new_weapon. The ammo restriction works by manually setting m_iClip1, then checking m_iPrimaryAmmoType and using it as an offset into the m_iAmmo table of the player entity.

I haven't played around with it, but it certainly seems that this should work.
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2012 , 16:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #15

@ Sindex yeah....?

@Powerlord..used primary shotty on both primary and secondary on new_weapon...ammo bugged both times. I was referring the whole time to rage_new_weapon plugin sorry. I have tried heavy guns...flamethrower and more all ammo restrictions not honored on rage new weapon...idk.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2012 , 16:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #16

I've noticed one possible bug in rage_new_weapon: Despite already having the newly created weapon's entity index, it's not passed to SetAmmo. Instead, SetAmmo calls GetPlayerWeaponSlot, meaning that if you passed the wrong slot, the weapon's ammo doesn't get updated.

I've attached a new version which also passes the new weapon's index and skips the GetPlayerWeaponSlot call.

Note: Get Plugin won't work, which is why I attached the compiled plugin. However, I can't attach .ff2 files. Remember to rename special_anims.smx to special_anims.ff2. It goes in your addons/sourcemod/plugins/freaks folder.

Note 2: This only addresses the issue where bosses had the wrong amount of ammo to start. If they can still pick up ammo boxes, something's wrong with the weapon attributes and it's not limiting the max ammo correctly.

Note 3: At work, can't test it.

Note 4: I thought about eliminating the slot argument entirely, since iirc TF2 removes a player's weapon if you give them a different one in the same slot.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (special_noanims.sp - 91 views - 3.5 KB)
File Type: smx special_noanims.smx (6.0 KB, 94 views)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-27-2012 , 11:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #17

Hmm, I was hoping someone (MaloModo?) who has an active FF2 install would test out the special_noanims files I posted yesterday: Attachment 102769.

I completely forgot to test it yesterday. I may have gotten sidetracked yesterday after work (darn you TF2, darn you Fez).
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2012 , 14:10   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Hmm, I was hoping someone (MaloModo?) who has an active FF2 install would test out the special_noanims files I posted yesterday: Attachment 102769.

I completely forgot to test it yesterday. I may have gotten sidetracked yesterday after work (darn you TF2, darn you Fez).
I tested it on windows at home and on linux...I almost fell off my chair (). It honored the 6 ammo limit with primary shotgun (9) on both. Gave zero ammo to flaregun with both assigned to primary and 2nd slot in rage_new_weapon. So primary looks like it may be good. Cheers mate!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-27-2012 , 21:35   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #19

I just did some testing with the weapon slot numbers. The Item Definition Index page now lists the slot number after the name of the loadout slot for weapons.

I was wrong. Despite being named Secondary in game, the Spy guns are slot 0 (primary). The Spy's other slots are:
  1. Sapper
  2. Melee
  3. Disguise Kit
  4. Watch

I'll fix the Revolver slot in the FemSpy set when I update it this weekend.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-28-2012 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #20

Hot on the heels of the Freak Fortress 2 patch I just posted, here's the new version of FemSpy.

All sound files have been replaced in this version.

Here's what's new:

- All sounds are now mp3s for quicker downloads.
- Fixed slot for Revolver.
- Removed ice statues from config... special_ragdoll is buggy and only sometimes works.
- Removed gib on crit kill from Revolver
- Added turn to gold attribute to both weapons.
- Added new cfg files: gentlespy_duo.cfg and femspy_duo.cfg with character names GentleSpyDuo and FemSpyDuo so that they can be loaded at the same time their normal versions are. If you already have GentleSpy installed, you can add these two bosses to your config for a new duo boss round with both bosses (with their HP lowered)
- Added 3 new "begin" sounds for the duo boss battle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FemSpy.zip (4.17 MB, 83 views)
File Type: zip FemSpy_bz2.zip (3.84 MB, 77 views)