Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 [Boss] FemSpy

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2012 , 20:30   [Boss] FemSpy
Reply With Quote #1

Introducing the FemSpy. Based on the Female Spy model and sounds by Chemical Alia

Abilities:
  • Weightdown (to escape with those pesky sentries on maps like vsh_aperture)
  • Charge teleport, 45 second cooldown
  • Rage stuns players within 350 units of her
  • Rage gives her a Revolver with 3 bullets
  • Rage turns her 50% transparent for 20 seconds (but overheal particles are still visible in the current version of Freak Fortress 2)
  • Enemies turn to gold statues when she kills them

Includes custom voice lines for all standard events, including kills for each class.

There are four config files included.
femspy, includes voice clips for killing each class.
femspy_slim, omits the previous voice clips for quicker download time/17 less files precached.
gentlespy_duo and femspy_duo. These are for a duo-boss battle vs. GentleSpy and FemSpy. Note: You must already have GentleSpy's files installed.

Known Issues:
  • When this boss's model is loaded, you'll get an error regarding bone_medal.

In addition to the above, this download also includes powerlord_abilities.ff2 This includes the following 2 abilities:

Code:
======
Rages
======
rage_transparency - Turn partly invisible
	0 - slot (def 0, rage)
	1 - Amount of transparency, percent (def 50)
	2 - Seconds to stay transparent, as a Float (def 20.0)
	3 - slot used when reappearing, primarily for sounds (def 4)
Conflicts: Disguises, anything else that adjusts the boss's transparency.

======
Special Abilities
======
DEPRECATED, doesn't work properly, will be removed in a later update
special_ragdoll - Adds the specified attribute to ragdolls for non-boss players.
        0 - Slot, unused (assumed 0)
	1 - Ragdoll mode
		0 - Gib
		1 - Burning
		2 - Electrocuted
		3 - Cloaked (YER)
		4 - Gold Statue, also plays Saxxy turn to gold sound
		5 - Ice Statue, also plays Spy-cicle freezing sound
		6 - Ash
Conflicts: special_dropprop, Ice Statue mode conflicts with anything that attempts to detect backstabs in the player_death event.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (powerlord_abilities.sp - 654 views - 9.3 KB)
File Type: zip FemSpy.zip (4.17 MB, 916 views)
File Type: zip FemSpy_bz2.zip (3.84 MB, 421 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-01-2012 at 10:12. Reason: Updated first post with most recent version
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2012 , 21:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #2

@ Powerlord great work and thanks for sharing

Idea: I down converted the audio files to cut them in half to help with download size. IMVHO...not any noticable degradation in the quality...especially with screaming heavies in the background LOL.

@Eggman the rage_new_weapon ability. The ammo limitations is very buggy. Sometimes works, most time doesn't respect the ammo argument. Like 3 different bosses and best example just upload powerlords FemSpy and she is running around with basically unlimited ammo that can be restored by picking up ammo crate. When in config she is only suppose to have 3 shots. Knowone else has noticed this?

UPDATE: yeah the ammo doesn't seem to be working all the time. Sometimes rather random numbers come up with same config.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-24-2012 , 00:13   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Idea: I down converted the audio files to cut them in half to help with download size. IMVHO...not any noticable degradation in the quality...especially with screaming heavies in the background LOL.
Yeah, the only sound editing I did was for the intro sounds. I actually considered converting them to mp3s to lower the size, too, but opted not to for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
@Eggman the rage_new_weapon ability. The ammo limitations is very buggy. Sometimes works, most time doesn't respect the ammo argument. Like 3 different bosses and best example just upload powerlords FemSpy and she is running around with basically unlimited ammo that can be restored by picking up ammo crate. When in config she is only suppose to have 3 shots. Knowone else has noticed this?
Is it only FemSpy that this occurs with? I noticed when I was coding her that GentleSpy's rage_new_weapon arg4 was 0 (primary weapon), while the Spy's guns are actually his secondary weapon... so I coded mine to add it with arg4 as 1 (secondary weapon). Still, it uses the secondary ammo restriction attribute (25) on both the FemSpy Revolver and GentleSpy Ambassador.

Still, if GentleSpy is working correctly and FemSpy isn't, then clearly I'm wrong and arg4 should be 0.
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2012 , 02:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #4

@powerlord: thanks for your contribution.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-25-2012 , 00:15   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #5

I see that the FemSpy's ice ability is breaking again, at least on the RUGC Midwest FF2 server (read: my FF2 server). I'm not sure why, as it was finally working consistently on said server when I was testing it Monday.

I also noticed the FemSpy one-shotting Heavies without it being a backstab, and I'm wondering if that's not somehow related to the code I added to try guaranteeing the ice statues appear. I'd recommend disabling ability8 for the time being, or setting it to a different setting (4 for gold, 3 for electrocuted...)
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-25-2012 , 02:30   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #6

femspy is getting 30 bullets on our server. Using the defaults :/
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2012 , 11:51   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I see that the FemSpy's ice ability is breaking again, at least on the RUGC Midwest FF2 server (read: my FF2 server). I'm not sure why, as it was finally working consistently on said server when I was testing it Monday.

I also noticed the FemSpy one-shotting Heavies without it being a backstab, and I'm wondering if that's not somehow related to the code I added to try guaranteeing the ice statues appear. I'd recommend disabling ability8 for the time being, or setting it to a different setting (4 for gold, 3 for electrocuted...)
To be honest Power...I tried a few of the other settings...like electroshock..and it didn't seem to work...I believe ashes did.

I noticed the same thing with "Freddy" boss regarding one hit kills of heavies etc without backstab so probably outside your plugin.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-25-2012 , 13:57   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Introducing the FemSpy. Based on the Female Spy model and sounds by Chemical Alia
sound files for female spy (~1mb).
converted to .mp3 Bitrate: 128.
If you want to use these files you need to change all .wav to .mp3 in femspy.cfg. You can do this with notepad++ with 2 mouse clicks (ctrl+f).
also put all .mp3 files in your FastDL folder, no need for .bz2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10877736/trash/femspy.rar
Old 04-25-2012 , 18:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
sound files for female spy (~1mb).
converted to .mp3 Bitrate: 128.
If you want to use these files you need to change all .wav to .mp3 in femspy.cfg. You can do this with notepad++ with 2 mouse clicks (ctrl+f).
also put all .mp3 files in your FastDL folder, no need for .bz2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10877736/trash/femspy.rar

Thank you very much; I solved my problem with your software recommendation. Success, I have everything I wanted and it now works properly.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-25-2012 , 20:33   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
The ragdoll effects will be sporadic depending on whether the effect is sent to clients before the ragdoll is sent to clients. Yay for clientside ragdolls.
I have to wait a game frame (0.0 timer) after player_death's post event before retrieving the ragdoll entity or else it returns the previous ragdoll for that player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtorrano View Post
yh i am getting the same problem with the fem spy getting 30 bullets aswell.
Yeah, I have no idea what's causing this... it's weird, because she appears with only 3 bullets on my own (Linux) servers.