12% 

[ANY] Little Anti-Cheat

Post New Thread Reply   

J_Tanzanite
Old 04-25-2021 , 15:10   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
I think the person is lying, 1 year account + Level 2 + not many hours in csgo and the video what he send would not be a prove for me. You can also use AntiDLL with Lilac (highly recommended), users who join with a DLL that has some hacks will be banned immediately. Currently not all, there are also cheats that are loaded differently, but I would recommend you to use it with Lilac

AntiDLL: https://github.com/JDW1337/AntiDLL/releases
I understand that a lot of banned accounts tend to be low-level + few-hours, and I understand why that is (Cheaters don't wanna cheat on main, plus after a ban, they'll make new accounts).
But really, we shouldn't be using that as a metric for "how likely is this player a cheater", because that would be inaccurate... And a bit unfair towards new players :/

That AntiDLL project tho... Really cool! :о
pedrotski
Old 04-25-2021 , 16:14   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tanzanite View Post
The criteria for getting an aimlock detection is also pretty strict.
Here's what you have to do to get a single aimlock detection:
1. Be 300 hammer units away from all enemy players.
2. The player's aim must change by 20 degrees or more between two ticks.
3. The aim distance to a player must suddenly shrink by over 90%.
4. The aim must stay on the target for 0.1 seconds (dead stop).
This is already pretty strict...
But it gets better, because this has to happen twice within 3 minutes to get 1 aimlock detection.
To add to this already strict requirement...
In order to get banned for this, you have to get 5-10 detections... Within 10 minutes; because aimlock detections expires after 10 minutes.
Ok so 100% its a false positive then. When you spawn in warmup you are looking directly at your enemy at close range. As soon as you make a kill you are reset instantly. So if he is sitting there farming on our PUG server waiting for players to join, it makes sense.

Looking through my logs lots of players are getting 3 sometimes 4 aim lock detections, and some of these are guys that can hardly get 5 kills in a comp game.
Old 04-25-2021 , 16:18   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotski View Post
Ok so 100% its a false positive then. When you spawn in warmup you are looking directly at your enemy at close range. As soon as you make a kill you are reset instantly. So if he is sitting there farming on our PUG server waiting for players to join, it makes sense.

Looking through my logs lots of players are getting 3 sometimes 4 aim lock detections, and some of these are guys that can hardly get 5 kills in a comp game.
Lilac checks if you recently teleported (spawned, joined a team, map-teleport, tf2-teleport-building etc), and if you did, it won't test you for aimlock.
So no, when you spawn, you won't get tested for Aimlock.

So I doubt that's the problem.

Edit:
Just to clarify what I mean.
People who spawn are immune to aimlock tests for 2 seconds.
So you can't get false positives from spawning.

Also, I noticed I made a typo in the description of how the aimlock works:
"1. Be 300 hammer units away from all enemy players."
I meant:
1. Be further than 300 hammer units away from all enemy players.

If you are within 300 units of any enemy, you won't get tested either.

oops

Last edited by J_Tanzanite; 04-25-2021 at 16:27. Reason: Clarification
pedrotski
Old 04-25-2021 , 16:48   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #354

Quote:
Lilac checks if you recently teleported (spawned, joined a team, map-teleport, tf2-teleport-building etc), and if you did, it won't test you for aimlock.
So no, when you spawn, you won't get tested for Aimlock.

So I doubt that's the problem.

Edit:
Just to clarify what I mean.
People who spawn are immune to aimlock tests for 2 seconds.
So you can't get false positives from spawning.

Also, I noticed I made a typo in the description of how the aimlock works:
"1. Be 300 hammer units away from all enemy players."
I meant:
1. Be further than 300 hammer units away from all enemy players.

If you are within 300 units of any enemy, you won't get tested either.

oops
I can't help but feel there is an error or conflict somewhere with splewisPUG warmup. Just comparing logs from our other servers (that we all play on including the accused player, even multi 1v1 servers), there are NO aimlock detections at all. The PUG server is the only one with an infinite warmup mode.

With what you said above, it must be impossible to trigger aimlock in warmup but we have multiple detections in a row from other players specifically on that server.

The 300 unit limit is easy to explain if there is multiple arenas and they are in a line. Please see this image: https://i.redd.it/xx03k014yyj51.jpg

You would also be looking at multiple enemies in different arenas.

Last edited by pedrotski; 04-25-2021 at 16:54.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-25-2021 , 16:57   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #355

Quote:
I can't help but feel there is an error or conflict somewhere with splewisPUG warmup. Just comparing logs from our other servers (that we all play on including the accused player, even multi 1v1 servers), there are NO aimlock detections at all. The PUG server is the only one with an infinite warmup mode.

With what you said above, it must be impossible to trigger aimlock in warmup but we have multiple in a row from other players specifically on that server.
Bugs have been uncovered before, so I'm not saying it's impossible that an issue exists here, just that I find it unlikely that spawning specifically is the issue.

Quote:
Just comparing logs from our other servers (that we all play on including the accused player, even multi 1v1 servers), there are NO aimlock detections at all. The PUG server is the only one with an infinite warmup mode.
Hmm, this is good feedback, and might be a good lead. I'll look into the plugin.
pedrotski
Old 04-25-2021 , 16:58   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #356

Quote:
Bugs have been uncovered before, so I'm not saying it's impossible that an issue exists here, just that I find it unlikely that spawning specifically is the issue.

Hmm, this is good feedback, and might be a good lead. I'll look into the plugin.
I edited my post with a layout of the warmup arenas. I'm going to run a test tomorrow.

Last edited by pedrotski; 04-25-2021 at 16:59.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-25-2021 , 17:08   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #357

Quote:
I edited my post with a layout of the warmup arenas.
Quote:
The 300 unit limit is easy to explain if there is multiple arenas and they are in a line. Please see this image: https://i.redd.it/xx03k014yyj51.jpg

You would also be looking at multiple enemies in different arenas.
I think I see what you mean, and yes, if they line up you could be looking in the direction of a player when you spawn.
But when you spawn, you get a 2 second immunity to aimlock checks, so lilac won't test players for aimlock on spawning.

... Unless that plugin respawns players in a weird way... Will check.
There actually was a plugin conflict issue in the past with Boomix's duels plugin.
It would teleport players around a lot to new spawn areas, which would cause false positives.
It was later fixed here: https://github.com/boomix/csgo-duels...67414cd0dd75b2

Regarding the splewis pug plugin tho, I'm currently going through it to see if I can find anything that could cause an issue; might take some time.
If it really is a plugin conflict issue between PUG and Lilac, then it's simple to fix.
romanum
Old 04-26-2021 , 13:02   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
As I understand you, it is just triggered detection, but not banned you. You need to worry if it bans you false positive, right?
I might have expressed myself wrong, those were false positives (and I was the person who got banned and on four different 1vs1 servers)

Quote:
People rarely report issues with the aimbot detection, but when they do, it's usually about the autoshoot detection.
You can read more about it here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=284

But in order for me to help you, I would need to know what version of Lilac you are using.
And if you're running a community made map and if you're using plugins that teleport players around, those are also important.

But most of all, the detection log would help a lot.
Note: if you share the detection log, please don't share IPs.
Remove IPs in the log before sharing, thank you.
It wasn't my server but it was running Lilac 1.6.3 so sadly I can't help with that data. But still it is quite strange.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-26-2021 , 14:47   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanum View Post
I might have expressed myself wrong, those were false positives (and I was the person who got banned and on four different 1vs1 servers)

It wasn't my server but it was running Lilac 1.6.3 so sadly I can't help with that data. But still it is quite strange.
Without logs or anything to work with, I can't help you.
Was there any specific line of actions that you did that lead to the bans tho?

If you can't think of anything, then the best thing you can do is talk to the server owners where you got banned.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-26-2021 , 14:52   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #360

Quote:
I edited my post with a layout of the warmup arenas. I'm going to run a test tomorrow.
I took a quick overview of the plugin, but couldn't find anything super obvious that would cause the issue.

When you do the testing btw, try to also use this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=325115
It'll help, as you can then share the demo if you manage to trigger something.