Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 02-24-2015 , 04:16   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1481

Brad Zad, i have a suggestion/request for a feature. Ability to put a costume map name in the vote.
Lets say in vote the maps will be de_dust, de_dust2, cs_italy, cs_assault.
In vote it will be:
1. Dust
2. Dust 2
3. Italy
4. Assault
Old 02-24-2015 , 04:39   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1482

Hi Brad,

I see that you are taking suggestions for the new version. I got 2 suggestions for you that might work and be able to solve the "players hitting 1 issue"

First would be the implementation of map change based on the number of rounds. This has been the biggest limitation for galileo in my opinion. An addition of mp_winlimit or similar cvar would be highly appreciated.

Second request would be to move the vote at the end of the map, just like it work on CSGO servers. Vote will pop up at the end of the game, so chances of players hitting 1, just to get it off their screen would be pretty low. I know it can be easily done, if based on number of rounds, but I'm not sure about time limit case.
pizzahut
Old 02-24-2015 , 14:12   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Right. It's is extremely unclear how to use it. I need to put something together to explain some of the more exotic parts of this plugin, including the groups. I'll give some really basic information and, in theory, you can figure it out from there.

It uses whatever file you have set in gal_vote_mapfile. Normally, in that file you would just have a listing of maps, one per line. To use the groups feature, it would look something like this instead:
Code:
[groups]
The text "[groups]" has to be the very first line in the file, on a line by itself. The numbers, on separate lines, specifies how many maps from each file to add.

If you had what I posted above, you would then create 1.ini, 2.ini, 3.ini, and 4.ini in the /configs/galileo/ folder. Each of those INI files would contain a list of maps, one per line.

Galileo would pick 2 maps from 1.ini, 1 from 2.ini, 1 from 3.ini, and 3 from 4.ini.

This is subject, of course, to the number of maps you allow in your vote, and any nominations received.
May I suggest adding this to the starting post?

Last edited by pizzahut; 02-24-2015 at 14:12.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-24-2015 , 14:21   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Brad Zad, i have a suggestion/request for a feature. Ability to put a costume map name in the vote.
Lets say in vote the maps will be de_dust, de_dust2, cs_italy, cs_assault.
In vote it will be:
1. Dust
2. Dust 2
3. Italy
4. Assault
I'm sorry, but I won't be adding this. I'm limiting new features to those that are pretty simple to add and that will benefit a good portion of the users of this plugin. Your request fails the second bit.
Old 02-24-2015 , 14:30   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
First would be the implementation of map change based on the number of rounds. This has been the biggest limitation for galileo in my opinion. An addition of mp_winlimit or similar cvar would be highly appreciated.
From the time I started developing this plugin, I've wanted to add round-based support to it. I regret that I was never able to get to it. Right now, I'm just trying to tie up loose ends before I start playing and supporting another game, probably CS:GO. So yeah, I won't be adding it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Second request would be to move the vote at the end of the map, just like it work on CSGO servers. Vote will pop up at the end of the game, so chances of players hitting 1, just to get it off their screen would be pretty low. I know it can be easily done, if based on number of rounds, but I'm not sure about time limit case.
Thanks for your suggestion. It sounds like it'd be the ideal way to do it. With that said, it's more work than I'd like to put into it.

Pretty sure, at this point, I'm leaning toward adding an option that would let people specify the starting number for the choices.
Old 02-24-2015 , 14:32   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1486

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
May I suggest adding this to the starting post?
Good suggestion. I'll be adding updated information about it (it changes slightly in the unreleased version) in the first/second post when I release it.

Do you use that feature? If so, how is it working out for you?
Old 02-24-2015 , 15:16   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Do you use that feature? If so, how is it working out for you?
I use groups, and it works perfect.
I have 6 groups of maps, and 6 voting options (one from each group), and when there are no nominations, everything works as expected.
What I didn't get (didn't really bother either) is, what happens when for example 3 maps are nominated, which groups are the other 3 slot filled from (it doesn't really matter)
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-24-2015 , 15:22   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaludan View Post
I use groups, and it works perfect.
I have 6 groups of maps, and 6 voting options (one from each group), and when there are no nominations, everything works as expected.
What I didn't get (didn't really bother either) is, what happens when for example 3 maps are nominated, which groups are the other 3 slot filled from (it doesn't really matter)
They're filled in order. Basically, your later groups get screwed when there are nominations.
Old 03-02-2015 , 21:51   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1489

Hi Brad, do you know why gal_banrecent cvar is not working for some people?
Send a message via ICQ to frAd Send a message via AIM to frAd Send a message via Yahoo to frAd Send a message via Skype™ to frAd
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 03-02-2015 , 22:16   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1490

I wasn't aware that it wasn't. Entirely possible I skipped over any mentions of it or that I meant to remember but didn't or that I assumed it was a user error that they'd figure out.

Is it not working for you? If so, are you getting any errors related to it?

A quick review of the code leads me to believe that while nominations are checked for being too recent, the other maps in the vote are not. If I can confirm this, then I'd guess that'd be the reason.

I've just been out and am getting ready to go to bed, so I'm not going to get into it more tonight. Will look again tomorrow though.