Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Posting Modules

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 03-15-2004 , 23:06   Posting Modules

You can post questions about creating modules or you can post your own released modules. Questions about installing modules and such will be removed.

It is a good idea to place this text in the subject of a module you are posting: "Module: <Module Name>"

Your module should obey the following rules, especially if you wish it to be distributed with AMX Mod X.
File Naming Conventions:
  • Each module file library should have three parts: the name, the API type, and the OS file format.
  • The general format is: module_<amx|amxx>[_glibc].<dll|so>
  • Use "amx" if you are using the AMX Mod 0.9.8 API
  • Use "amxx" if you are using the AMX Mod X API (0.2+)
  • For Linux: Use "_i386" for glibc-2.2 compiles, and "_i686" for glibc-2.3 compiles. Use "_x64" for 64bit compiles.
  • For example: engine_amx_i686.so means "Engine module, AMX Mod 0.9.8 API compatible, compiled for Linux glibc-2.3". Note that AMX Mod X 0.2 can use AMX Mod 0.9.8 modules.

Included files
  • An include file should not conflict with any other include file names.
  • It should match the name of the module (i.e. if your module is "xtrastuff", the include should be "xtrastuff.inc").
  • Native functions should not be longer than 19 characters, for backward compatibility.

Source Code
  • All source code to any modules or example plugins must be available. This is not optional if you wish the module to be stickied or distributed with AMX Mod X.
  • All source code must be licensed under the GNU General Public License.
  • If you wish to distribute a module under a different license or a non open-source license, you must contact the AMX Mod Development Team, which holds all copyrights to the AMX Mod X Application Programming Interface.
  • If we find you are distributing proprietary modules using the AMX Mod X API without first contacting us for approval, we will take appropriate action.