Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2013 , 09:58   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
VSH is less buggy imho
Part of that is because you have a lot more files precached in FF2 than in VSH. Another being that no one is really updating it. Eventually I'll get done with my various voting plugins and return to FF2, but until then...

Quote:
, but VSH has some distinct differences then FF. Like jump distances for pyro for instance.
I know FF2 hasn't been synced with VSH's 1.41 and 1.42 changes, but I didn't think Pyro jump distances were different between the two. The lack of climbing ability for snipers is intentionally left out of FF2 as boss abilities being separate from the core makes it much harder to tell if a boss has a super-jump or not. Something to address in a later version, I suppose.

Quote:
But perhaps thats also VSH specific "you cant see hale's health all the time" to make it more interesting.
FF2 only shows you health all the time if you have the boss health bar enabled. Actually, if VSH had appropriate forwards, I could write the health bar plugin for it as well. One of these days I'll move the health bar out of FF2 into a separate plugin to make it easier to choose.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-02-2013 at 10:00.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2013 , 10:15   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

@powerlord, having the healthbar in vsh would be nice. I also have a FF running though, seems to be full pretty much too but it just sometimes hangs on changing the map or crashes at random.

VSH has crashes too sometimes, but not very often anymore. If the database has a "hickup" it can also really freak out, but thats with almost anything

I also see some VSH servers running FF with the normal 3 bosses. (but then i notice the difference in gameplay so i know its FF)

But in the end, whatever works, works. Both are fine. (just personal preferences)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2013 , 11:01   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Is there any code repo for VSH? I was looking for it to begin merging changes from them into FF2. Instead, I had to find the source for 1.40 (1.41 source was only in the main post and gone now) and manually diff them.

I'm still merging now, but there is one thing I noticed:
In the code to remove the powerup bottle from bosses, lines 2400-2403 and 2405 were copied from the section directly above it... the indexes listed there can never be powerup bottles.

Also, why are we making the Medigun tranparent if the player has a Gunslinger equipped on lines 2747-2751? That seems rather... random.

Here's a bug from 1.39c I just discovered: Timer_StopTickle is checking if a player is in the high-five taunt... except that the tickle thing doesn't use the high-five taunt...

The code between lines 4601 and 4622 seems to have some duplicate functionality. Is there supposed to be else ifs here instead of ifs?

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-02-2013 at 11:50.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2013 , 14:15   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

MrBen: No real donator-specific stuff in VSH, no. I should get a boss selection menu up sometime, but I don't know if that's better off as its own plugin or what.

I was under the impression VSH intentionally left out Hale's health to make things harder for the merc team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Is there any code repo for VSH? I was looking for it to begin merging changes from them into FF2. Instead, I had to find the source for 1.40 (1.41 source was only in the main post and gone now) and manually diff them.
Ah, sorry, I meant to save 1.41 so you could do that, but forgot :/ I really should just put this up on bitbucket or something.
Quote:
In the code to remove the powerup bottle from bosses, lines 2400-2403 and 2405 were copied from the section directly above it... the indexes listed there can never be powerup bottles.
TF2Items GiveWeapon.
Quote:
Also, why are we making the Medigun tranparent if the player has a Gunslinger equipped on lines 2747-2751? That seems rather... random.
Have you tried equipping a Kritzkrieg when you have the Gunslinger equipped? Have you SEEN what it does? (Side note, I know FF2 uses the medigun, but I used the Kritzkrieg for the +10 health taunt it has).
Quote:
Here's a bug from 1.39c I just discovered: Timer_StopTickle is checking if a player is in the high-five taunt... except that the tickle thing doesn't use the high-five taunt...
No, it only removes TFCond_Taunting if the player is NOT high fiving. Removing the taunting cond while the client is 'ready to high five' results in bad things. You'll notice that anywhere where TF2_RemoveCondition is called for taunting, it checks to make sure the client isn't m_bReadyToHighFive.
Quote:
The code between lines 4601 and 4622 seems to have some duplicate functionality. Is there supposed to be else ifs here instead of ifs?
4617-4622 is probably my mistake, but that clause is never reached since the stuff directly above it fills the same if conditions and returns within those conditions. It's useless, and safe to not copy over.
(Think about it, if the client has m_bFeignDeathReady, they can't be TFCond_Cloaked anyways, and if they're TFCond_DeadRingered, they have to be TFCond_Cloaked, so any situation in which the second accidentally-not-deleted 'if' would pass would also cause the stuff right above it to pass, which returns Plugin_Handled anyways).

This is why I shouldn't push updates at 3AM, but it still works so eh.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 04-02-2013 at 20:04.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2013 , 15:19   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Flamin' Sarge: cheers on the 1.42 update, i'd like to confirm positive reviews on it, I'd like to ask how the powerup canteen works though?
Old 04-03-2013 , 15:47   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Powerup canteens will be part of the large TF2Attributes update, probably.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-03-2013 , 20:45   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Is VSH still compatible with SourceMod 1.4.x? I noticed you're using the 4 argument form of TF2_AddCondition now, but 1.4.7 only supports the 3 argument form.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-03-2013 at 20:46.
Mayu
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2013 , 22:15   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Hello there,
i've followed the instructions and everything but i have 2 questions:

When i start the server it's named "Team Fortress 2 Arena Server" and i can't click the connect button. (it's grey)
already tryed the arena.cfg and server.cfg

When i start the server it's telling me saxtonhale.smx cant be loaded cuz tf2 items is not loaded, when i load tf2items by hand it's all fine, is there a way to load it on serverstart?

sry if i havn't read trought the thread, but its quite long ;)

greetz,

Mayu

Last edited by Mayu; 04-03-2013 at 22:16.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-03-2013 , 23:22   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayu View Post
Hello there,
i've followed the instructions and everything but i have 2 questions:

When i start the server it's named "Team Fortress 2 Arena Server" and i can't click the connect button. (it's grey)
already tryed the arena.cfg and server.cfg

When i start the server it's telling me saxtonhale.smx cant be loaded cuz tf2 items is not loaded, when i load tf2items by hand it's all fine, is there a way to load it on serverstart?

sry if i havn't read trought the thread, but its quite long ;)

greetz,

Mayu
#1 - Check the file 'cfg/config_arena.cfg' and remove the 'hostname' cvar or comment it out.

#2 - TF2Items should automatically start when Sourcemod starts if the extension, gamedata, and plugin are in the respected folders.
Mayu
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-04-2013 , 08:40   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
#1 - Check the file 'cfg/config_arena.cfg' and remove the 'hostname' cvar or comment it out.
fixed, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
#2 - TF2Items should automatically start when Sourcemod starts if the extension, gamedata, and plugin are in the respected folders.
Ah yea, seems the link from this thread to tf2items does not contained all needed files, i downloaded the tf2items from it's original thread and everything is workig!

Last edited by Mayu; 04-04-2013 at 08:43.
Closed Thread