Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Selective banning

Post New Thread Reply   

highwaywarrior
Old 03-24-2015 , 20:13   Selective banning
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys.

I run a number of virtual game servers on a single box. Each game server has sourcebans 1.5 installed and so consequently when a player is banned from one server they are automatically banned from all of the others too. Ordinarily, this is not a problem and saves a lot of time making sure the mutants being banned don't materialise in another of my servers!

The issue I now have is that I want to ban specific individuals from specific servers - not all of them. I've spent ages trying to find a way of doing this without success and was wondering if it is actually possible to do this and if so how please.

Thanks

HW
Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2015 , 20:52   Re: Selective banning
Reply With Quote #2

There is probably a better way to do this but you can put their SteamIds in banned_users.cfg for the servers you don't want them on.

Last edited by Darkness_; 03-24-2015 at 20:53.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-25-2015 , 13:13   Re: Selective banning
Reply With Quote #3

SourceBans was made so you didn't have to add the bans manually across all your servers.

See: http://www.sourcebans.net/content/34...is-sourcebans/

If you don't want the bans to be global across your servers, I'd say SourceBans is not the right thing for you, and you should stick to stuff like the basebans plugin (which is included in sourcemod).

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
highwaywarrior
Old 03-25-2015 , 13:18   Re: Selective banning
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks both for your replies. I've been using Sourcebans for a number of years and it does exactly what I need it to and I'm very happy with it.

Ordinarily, when we ban someone from any of our community servers it goes without saying we don't want them in any of the others but this is a different scenario that hasn't really arisen before.

I did consider manually adding the steam ID's in the banned_users.cfg file and if thats the only way around it then its no big deal.

Thanks

HW