Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Class Restrictions For Bots (26.12.2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

SPYderman
Old 12-09-2013 , 20:39   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
Yeah, looks like it. I thought that it might have bugs or something. I tried to fix any bug I found and there is none left. That is why I thought I can get some feedback on it and maybe improve it.

Well if I count in human classes as well, it would be Class restrictions for everyone. There are such plugins around, BUT because the original version does not ignore bots, Im going to fix it and post it here as well as update both.
*Referring to my idea* I mean like, where it won't restrict humans when they pick the class, only bots so that bots won't try to try to pick the class when there are already humans playing as them at max bot restriction.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2013 , 19:29   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
*Referring to my idea* I mean like, where it won't restrict humans when they pick the class, only bots so that bots won't try to try to pick the class when there are already humans playing as them at max bot restriction.
I get it. I'll think about this idea.

EDIT: I was thinking about this, but I just dont think, this is a good feature. I just dont think, that this is useful. Server owners usually limit human classes because no one wants to play against 10 spies or engineers. You want to limit bots and humans at the same time with priority to humans. That would mean for example 2 spies as bots or 2 spies as humans and 0 spy bots. Bots get random classes almost every death. So you wont find 4 bot spies if you wont set it like that. Even then, they are not that good. I don't see any point, why would you want that.

Last edited by luki1412; 12-15-2013 at 07:51.
tatercrisp
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-11-2013 , 18:11   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #23

Not sure how much trouble it would be, but incorporating https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=75668 would be awesome.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2013 , 10:49   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatercrisp View Post
Not sure how much trouble it would be, but incorporating https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=75668 would be awesome.
Should not be a problem for crh plugin... pointless for restricting bots. I would not be able to test it though.

I'll think about it.

EDIT: I don't think I will add this because it would create more problems than it solves.

Last edited by luki1412; 02-10-2014 at 12:47.
DerpVulpes
Old 12-26-2013 , 08:01   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #25

Is this plugin safe for MvM, or should I disable it by myself when running the game mode?
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2013 , 17:11   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpVulpes View Post
Is this plugin safe for MvM, or should I disable it by myself when running the game mode?
There isn't a specific code for MvM in these plugins. Don't really see a reason to add it, because MvM servers don't use class restrictions (usually).
Old 12-27-2013 , 23:24   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
There isn't a specific code for MvM in these plugins. Don't really see a reason to add it, because MvM servers don't use class restrictions (usually).
This plugin really helps me fix the issue where my bots would become random giant or melee only robots in MVM. I also use this for MVM highlander when I need it.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2013 , 10:55   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
This plugin really helps me fix the issue where my bots would become random giant or melee only robots in MVM. I also use this for MVM highlander when I need it.
So it is working with MvM without any problems?
Old 01-08-2014 , 20:14   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
So it is working with MvM without any problems?
If you limit blue bots in any way, it will spawn very small amount of bots and sometimes will end the MVM wave halfway. I use this plugin to stop all red bot classes from turning giant red robots, or going classes I don't want them playing (spy, engineer, sniper, etc.) MVM had a bug with the bots on my server where red bots will become classes assigned to robots upon joining mid-wave (because they're VALVe's bots). The force class system you have in this plugin that double checks what class they are fixes that issue, so now my bots will play a bit more better classes suited for them like heavy and such.

EDIT: The ONLY bug I've seen red bots have was they go melee only sometimes due to robot class assigning (not the plugin's fault), and red robots rarely using player models of different classes, but weapons from another class, which hasn't troubled me in any way.

Last edited by SPYderman; 01-08-2014 at 20:19.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2014 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] Class Restrictions for bots and/or humans
Reply With Quote #30

I like the plugin except 1 thing, bots do not keep their class even when it is set to do so. It chooses a random but restricted class every spawn. These causes huge lag if you use the bot random weapon plugin. Any way to get it to only change the classes if a bot is on a restricted class?