I did not find a topic about new HLDS, I thought I open it. Good talk about new Update.
- Added sv_logsecret support
- Added sv_filetransfermaxsize to limit the size of a file the game server will try to send to a client
- Added halflife.wad and xeon.wad to the not allowed to download to a client list
- Increased max heapsize of 128mbyte for the dedicated server, default to 40mb still
- Added sv_allow_dlfile, if set to 1 and sv_downloadurl is set still allow local downloads
- changed motd_write to only work if the process is running an active server and the command is from the console
- prevented several client redirection exploits when connecting to a server
- Changed "Non-sprite set to glow!\n" debug console output to be dev only
- Implemented new crash reporting system, now with Linux support.
Updating server using Steam.
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Checking/Installing 'Counter-Strike Base Content' version 35
Updating 'Linux Server Engine' from version 55 to version 65
2.03% downloading ./core_i386.so
5.64% downloading ./crashhandler.so
9.77% downloading ./engine_amd.so
13.99% downloading ./engine_i486.so
18.11% downloading ./engine_i686.so
19.02% downloading ./filesystem_stdio_i386.so
19.72% downloading ./hlds_amd
20.42% downloading ./hlds_i486
40.02% downloading ./libsteam.so
43.43% downloading ./libsteam_api_c.so
44.49% downloading ./libtier0_s.so
46.27% downloading ./libvstdlib_s.so
48.21% downloading ./proxy_i386.so
89.91% downloading ./steamclient.so
Checking/Installing 'Half-Life Base Content' version 12
HLDS installation up to date
Auto detecting CPU
Using Pentium II Optimised binary.
Enabling debug mode
Auto-restarting the server on crash
Using breakpad crash handler
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 10
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(10)/version(5408)
Protocol version 48
Exe version 184.108.40.206/Stdio (cstrike)
Exe build: 22:54:48 Aug 15 2011 (5408)
STEAM Auth Server
- Is it possible to fix/find a workaround related to sv_downloadurl,
where if you disconnect while you were downloading from the url,
once you reconnect, you download from game server.
You have to restart steam to download again from the url. Quite annoying.
- Could you increase the max item limit to 1024 ?
( model, sound, and generic ).
It's probably just some define to change and nowadays it won't hurt.
Also 1024 is fairly reasonable and I don't see what reasons you could refuse to update a bit.
Sorry If already asked, I don't remember seeing an answer.
Run HLDS Update.
./steam -command update -game
It works fine, I think you should install it because it fixes the exploits, and some freezes.
Tested with (by me):
Advanced Team Attack Control v220.127.116.11
GunGame AMXX v2.12
xREDIRECT - server redirect menu v18.104.22.168
Sorry for my bad english!