Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Slow when first time starting srcds_run

Post New Thread Reply   

HarmerWiltriz
Old 09-30-2022 , 08:10   Slow when first time starting srcds_run
Reply With Quote #1

I have this weird issue when starting csgo dedicated server with srcds_run.

Basically, i created AMI on AWS, on Ubuntu 20.04 base image, installed steamcmd and csgo.

After i start EC2 instance (t3.small), and then start game with this line:

``/home/ubuntu/csgo/srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +map de_dust +sv_setsteamaccount xxx -net_port_try 1 -tickrate 128
It takes around 5-7 minutes to start the game and tell me that Gameserver logged on to Steam etc etc

After i stop the game, and then start it again, it takes 10 seconds to start it, which is really weird to me.

I tried to look if anything gets downloaded, no new files added to server, htop not saying anything that might help me, same with iftop.

I even tried to start "dummy game" when i make AMI, thinking that might help with faster starts, but no help.

Maybe srcds_run is making some kind of verify check or something? Any help is highly appriciated.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2022 , 11:22   Re: Slow when first time starting srcds_run
Reply With Quote #2

I would first look at why you're using a t3.small with 128 tick, you're performance will be pretty bad. You should be looking more towards a c6gd.large, something compute oriented and not on EBS.

Also, is your AMI loaded with CS:GO installed already and ready or are you deploying it with an installation to be performed?