Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Ark_Procession
Old 04-26-2022 , 21:59   Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Is anyone still playing cs_arabstreets? if so... with or without any plugin enabled, map lights will not turn on automatically.

I am using rehlds, regame and reapi, have not tested back with original cs 1.6 if the issue does not happen.

i find this issue really really weird, since when i am hosting a listenserver, this does not happen and lights turn on automatically.

is there a plugin that could turn the maps lights on automatically?
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2022 , 09:03   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #2

Looks like the door does it.
Code:
{
"model" "*151"
"origin" "-1793 -1215 45"
"target" "lites"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"distance" "85"
"wait" "-1"
"stopsnd" "5"
"speed" "80"
"rendercolor" "0 0 0"
"spawnflags" "96"
"classname" "func_door_rotating"
}
There are button trigger scripts about. For instance shooting P34nut hook at door will open it and trigger the lights.

I made a remote button controller. One could set it to trigger the lights as a console command with, CVAR "use_entity" "func_door_rotating".
Console command I recommend binding is: useful_pick.

https://github.com/djearthquake/amxx...entity_use.sma
Old 04-27-2022 , 13:16   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Looks like the door does it.
Code:
{
"model" "*151"
"origin" "-1793 -1215 45"
"target" "lites"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"distance" "85"
"wait" "-1"
"stopsnd" "5"
"speed" "80"
"rendercolor" "0 0 0"
"spawnflags" "96"
"classname" "func_door_rotating"
}
There are button trigger scripts about. For instance shooting P34nut hook at door will open it and trigger the lights.

I made a remote button controller. One could set it to trigger the lights as a console command with, CVAR "use_entity" "func_door_rotating".
Console command I recommend binding is: useful_pick.

https://github.com/djearthquake/amxx...entity_use.sma
amazing

where did you get that info? i binded the command but it seems to open a door that is not related to lights.

How could i know the name of the func that switches the lights? since there is a switch to activate the lights but i dont want to press it manually every time
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2022 , 14:09   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #4

You can use BSPViewer to open up .bsp files and inspect entities - https://gamebanana.com/tools/4780
Alternatively, you can open the .bsp file with any text editor to find the information above.
Old 04-27-2022 , 15:48   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
You can use BSPViewer to open up .bsp files and inspect entities - https://gamebanana.com/tools/4780
Alternatively, you can open the .bsp file with any text editor to find the information above.
Thanks OciXCrom
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2022 , 09:29   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #6

I used NANO to look at it. The target to that door is "lites" and they all trigger off one another. Thought you mentioned it does this in rehlds only? So there is your clue! See if you can pick the lights before opening the door with the tool on regular HLDS. Also there is more than 1 "func_door_rotating" so it could be grabbing the wrong one easy until script is updated.

Quote:
* If there are multiple ents with that func, it grabs the first one as roughly scripted initially.
NEXT:

Code:
{
"origin" "-1792 -1056 64"
"triggerstate" "2"
"target" "lite1"
"targetname" "lites"
"classname" "trigger_relay"
}
Could try it with "trigger_relay" as with them they all trigger 'lites'. There are multiple "trigger_relay" ents so there is no guarantee.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 04-30-2022 at 10:06.
Ark_Procession
Old 04-30-2022 , 10:33   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
I used NANO to look at it. The target to that door is "lites" and they all trigger off one another. Thought you mentioned it does this in rehlds only? So there is your clue! See if you can pick the lights before opening the door with the tool on regular HLDS. Also there is more than 1 "func_door_rotating" so it could be grabbing the wrong one easy until script is updated.

NEXT:

Code:
{
"origin" "-1792 -1056 64"
"triggerstate" "2"
"target" "lite1"
"targetname" "lites"
"classname" "trigger_relay"
}
Could try it with "trigger_relay" as with them they all trigger 'lites'. There are multiple "trigger_relay" ents so there is no guarantee.
Thanks! i understand it only happens with a dedicated server with rehlds, extremly weird behaviour! never seen a bsp map being conflicted with anything really.

Solution was to use cs arabstreets alternative map where somebody put lights on by default.

i have experience with hammer myself, but fixing it was not worth the time, i guess.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2022 , 12:19   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #8

Good to know there is an alternate map with "lites" stuck on instead of off? There could be an 'offset' now to "triggerstate" given the anomaly. Have you tried running server in developer mode, -dev, to possibly get more data? When I tried rehlds-3.7.0.690-dev forever ago I must have missed something.
Old 05-01-2022 , 01:05   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Good to know there is an alternate map with "lites" stuck on instead of off? There could be an 'offset' now to "triggerstate" given the anomaly. Have you tried running server in developer mode, -dev, to possibly get more data? When I tried rehlds-3.7.0.690-dev forever ago I must have missed something.
added the parameter, not quite sure where to check a log or when. should i run the map , experience the anomaly and then close the game and find a log?
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2022 , 09:17   Re: Long shot Question about cs_arabstreets plugin
Reply With Quote #10

Since developer mode did not catch anything interesting, I would take it off. It works better with +condebug logging more of it. It makes qconsole.log on the mod's root directory, cstrike. I've updated the pick code so it cycles through 5 ents. The 4th door it opened turned on the lights. That was tested on, version : 48/1.1.2.7/Stdio 8684 secure (10) cs_arabstreets.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 05-01-2022 at 10:28.