Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

lexantis
Old 11-22-2010 , 12:59   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdani1341 View Post
I have one question

Why have you added downloads table ? I think its uneeded ...
To dl the knife&riotshield scripts from server, isnt it obvious? read the thread next time please..

Without them we weren't able to spawn them with the MITSR plugin/give on safe rooms/cheats1 respectively.
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
William Travis Focker
Old 11-22-2010 , 18:20   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsbrian View Post
Mine is working just fine, but I'm not sure what version I have and stuff... after the updating and going back versions

So here is what I have:
This spawns some melee weapons (including riot shield and knife) at the beginning of every map, but the weapons seem to be kind of random...
Thanks, I used the vpk file in that. Works great so far... hard to find what's going on in this thread with all the back and forth. Thx again
fpsbrian
Old 11-22-2010 , 19:04   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #363

No problem, just glad it works for someone else too!
Old 11-26-2010 , 19:05   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #364

Can anyone help me out on the format of the whitelist.cfg?

My server is being spammed with forcing consistency on scripts/weapon_rifle.txt
Herokim
Old 11-28-2010 , 14:34   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidjake View Post
Can anyone help me out on the format of the whitelist.cfg?

My server is being spammed with forcing consistency on scripts/weapon_rifle.txt
Type in the server console "sv_consistency 0"
Or add this to server.cfg in "steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\cfg".
JayXsane
Old 11-28-2010 , 19:28   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #366

Guys, OMgot/FPSBrian and I have put this little ZIP together for those who can't get it to work.

This version includes the Hunting Knife and the Riot Shield and allows you to spawn them IF the Weapon Spawner you have is set to huntingknife, NOT knife.

Enjoy, most credit goes to OMgot/FPSBrian for helping me find the right files. I put it all together.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Melee In The Saferoom (w-Knife and Shield).zip (30.4 KB, 425 views)
Send a message via Skype™ to JayXsane
lexantis
Old 11-30-2010 , 06:29   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayXsane View Post
Guys, OMgot/FPSBrian and I have put this little ZIP together for those who can't get it to work.

This version includes the Hunting Knife and the Riot Shield and allows you to spawn them IF the Weapon Spawner you have is set to huntingknife, NOT knife.

Enjoy, most credit goes to OMgot/FPSBrian for helping me find the right files. I put it all together.
PHP Code:
public OnMapStart()
{
 if( 
FileExists"scripts/melee/huntingknife.txt" ) )
 {

AddFileToDownloadsTable"scripts/melee/huntingknife.txt" );

g_bKnifeAloud true;
 }
 if( 
FileExists"scripts/melee/riot_shield.txt" ) )
 {

AddFileToDownloadsTable"scripts/melee/riot_shield.txt" );

g_bShieldAloud true;
 }

Maybe this works for you guys who have, the scripts in your directory, but i tested that it doesnt work for new public players which are connecting to the specified server for the first time, their client will just freeze and theyre forced to disconnect after few minutes.

Therefore its recommended to remove the melee script files from your server and all people will connect just fine. The bad thing is that you wont get knife and shield
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
Okami Amaterasu
Old 11-30-2010 , 19:52   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #368

The knife and riotshield go away after getting to the next map or reloading the map once, then the only way to get them to come back it to restart Left 4 Dead 2. Is anyone else having this problem?
XD001
Old 12-10-2010 , 05:32   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #369

Hi there, how do I get the hunting knife and riot shield to spawn in custom maps?
fpsbrian
Old 12-14-2010 , 12:04   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #370

I've been having trouble getting this to work again... I dont have the time to look and see, just wondering if anyone has another fix again?

Problems:
I'm getting a bunch of axes and 1 bat.... I dont even have ax enabled ?