Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

king kong
Old 08-01-2023 , 16:30   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmna000000000012 View Post
It I'm a steam group but it always say full 8 of 12 I'm trying to figure it out why it's not working
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 or Remove Lobby Reservation (When Full)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=103 or https://github.com/zonde306/l4d2sc/b...eservelobby.sp
when you host lobby,this plugin useful

Last edited by king kong; 08-01-2023 at 16:48.
dmna000000000012
Old 08-01-2023 , 17:21   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1522

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 or Remove Lobby Reservation (When Full)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=103 or https://github.com/zonde306/l4d2sc/b...eservelobby.sp
when you host lobby,this plugin useful
ok my server is running all the time should i try both of thoose to
Fraggor
Old 10-22-2023 , 20:55   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelClock View Post
I do have to use the this 8 player lobby mod from the steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2464897932
To get the matchmaking to work properly.
EDIT!
I have been able to solve this problem by downloading and editing the 8 player lobby mod to make it into a 10 player lobby mod instead, this has fixed the issues I was having!
Do you also want to host a lobby for 10 slots? I have the lobby mod on the steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=3005942484
Appreciate the information, However it's not very clear to me what actually works in your case

is the solution is:
- that the random players (4+) can join the server through the matchmaking system?
- if that the case, are you sure that they haven't joined the server through the server's steamgroup? (assuming u have created a group)
- or is it that you have to create a lobby first and wait for 4+ Players to join the lobby?, then start the game
CryWolf
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2024 , 06:15   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1524

Same problem here dont know what to do, 4 players joining ok from steam group but maxplayers i set to 16, but the 5th and 6th player who joins and so on, cannot play only SPEC, does anyone know what to do in this case ?
Send a message via MSN to CryWolf Send a message via Yahoo to CryWolf
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2024 , 17:36   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1525

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryWolf View Post
Same problem here dont know what to do, 4 players joining ok from steam group but maxplayers i set to 16, but the 5th and 6th player who joins and so on, cannot play only SPEC, does anyone know what to do in this case ?
You need to first understand the scope of this extension. What you describe as a problem is not really a problem with this extension.

Here is what this extension does:
  • It removes the lobby reservation.
  • It allows players to join via connect command
  • it allows players to join via steam group server.

What it doesn't do:
  • It does not create an additional survivor when there are more than 4 survivors.
  • It does not fix the witch going after wrong clone when you have multiple survivors of same model.
  • It does not allow additional survivors to count towards score in versus.

You confirmed that you can have people join the server as spectators. That means this extension is doing its job. You need an additional plugin that will create you that extra survivor bot to take over.

Look for plugins such as:
  • Superversus
  • Multislot
Old 01-06-2024 , 05:41   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1526

Thank you, i managed to solve, just forgot to edit. nice job tought.
Send a message via MSN to CryWolf Send a message via Yahoo to CryWolf
genobee
Old 03-06-2024 , 12:41   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1527

Hello, I'm trying to create a local server with more than 8 players, but when trying to enter a ninth player, he cannot enter either through the console or through a friend's invitation. If he enters through the console, he gets an error of 10 connection entry tries. I would like to know if there is any error. These commands are in my server.cfg

//tickrate

sm_cvar sv_mincmdrate 60 // Minimum value for cl_cmdrate.
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate 100 // Maximum value for cl_cmdrate.
sm_cvar sv_minupdaterate 60 // Minimum updates per second that the server will allow
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 100 // Maximum updates per second that the server will allow
sm_cvar sv_minrate 150000 // Min bandwidth rate allowed on server
sm_cvar sv_maxrate 200000// Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 = unlimited
sm_cvar net_splitrate 2
sm_cvar net_splitpacket_maxrate 50000 // Max bytes per second when queueing splitpacket chunks
sm_cvar sv_max_queries_sec 6.0 // Maximum queries per second to respond to from a single IP address.
sm_cvar sv_max_queries_sec_global 120 // Maximum queries per second to respond to from anywhere.
sm_cvar sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1 // cl_cmdrate difference units to cl_updaterate
sm_cvar sv_client_max_interp_ratio 1 // set maximum value for cl_interp_ratio
sm_cvar sv_client_min_interp_ratio 0 // set minimum value for cl_interp_ratio
sm_cvar sv_client_predict 1 // Force the value of cl_predict for connected clients
sm_cvar nb_update_frequency 0.033 // calculating intervall for commons/witches positions
sm_cvar fps_max 250 // higher than 100 recommended, as ticks calculated seems to dip otherwise.

sv_maxplayers "32"
sv_visiblemaxplayers "32"
sv_force_unreserved "1"
sv_removehumanlimit "1"
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only "0"
sv_lan "0"
sv_pausable "0"
sv_consistency "0"
sm_cvar precache_all_survivors "1"
sb_all_bot_game "1"
with connect ip there is an error, I tried to put -maxplayers 32 in parameters it didn't work either

I would appreciate any advice or possible solution, greetings
king kong
Old 03-06-2024 , 15:01   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1528

Quote:
Originally Posted by genobee View Post
Hello, I'm trying to create a local server with more than 8 players, but when trying to enter a ninth player, he cannot enter either through the console or through a friend's invitation. If he enters through the console, he gets an error of 10 connection entry tries. I would like to know if there is any error. These commands are in my server.cfg

The local server has a maximum of 8 players. The connect ip is only available on dedicated servers or official servers.

//tickrate

sm_cvar sv_mincmdrate 60 // Minimum value for cl_cmdrate.
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate 100 // Maximum value for cl_cmdrate.
sm_cvar sv_minupdaterate 60 // Minimum updates per second that the server will allow
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 100 // Maximum updates per second that the server will allow
sm_cvar sv_minrate 150000 // Min bandwidth rate allowed on server
sm_cvar sv_maxrate 200000// Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 = unlimited
sm_cvar net_splitrate 2
sm_cvar net_splitpacket_maxrate 50000 // Max bytes per second when queueing splitpacket chunks
sm_cvar sv_max_queries_sec 6.0 // Maximum queries per second to respond to from a single IP address.
sm_cvar sv_max_queries_sec_global 120 // Maximum queries per second to respond to from anywhere.
sm_cvar sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1 // cl_cmdrate difference units to cl_updaterate
sm_cvar sv_client_max_interp_ratio 1 // set maximum value for cl_interp_ratio
sm_cvar sv_client_min_interp_ratio 0 // set minimum value for cl_interp_ratio
sm_cvar sv_client_predict 1 // Force the value of cl_predict for connected clients
sm_cvar nb_update_frequency 0.033 // calculating intervall for commons/witches positions
sm_cvar fps_max 250 // higher than 100 recommended, as ticks calculated seems to dip otherwise.

sv_maxplayers "32"
sv_visiblemaxplayers "32"
sv_force_unreserved "1"
sv_removehumanlimit "1"
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only "0"
sv_lan "0"
sv_pausable "0"
sv_consistency "0"
sm_cvar precache_all_survivors "1"
sb_all_bot_game "1"
with connect ip there is an error, I tried to put -maxplayers 32 in parameters it didn't work either

I would appreciate any advice or possible solution, greetings
The local server has a maximum of 8 players. The connect ip is only available on dedicated servers and official servers.

Last edited by king kong; 03-07-2024 at 12:31.