Written in hope to help some people to test their plugins locally* because Valve did it the way required a bottle of Vodka for everything to work properly.
* I didn't try to join my server from Internet (just locally - me is server and me is client). That is possibly, require port forwarding. Search on your own.
1. Steam => Library => Tools => Double click on "Left 4 Dead 2 Beta - Win32 Dedicated Server".
2. After downloading, right click on it => Properties => Local files => See local files ...
- Copy all files from "common\Left 4 Dead 2 Beta
" to "common\Left 4 Dead 2".
- Copy dedicated.dll to "bin" folder.
3. Create batch (runserver.bat) file (in "common\Left 4 Dead 2" folder) with the following code:
start "" srcds -debug -condebug -usercon -console -insecure -dev -game left4dead2 -port 27000 +hostname "Source Dedicated Server" +map c5m1_waterfront +maxplayers 24 +sv_lan 1
3. Donwnload SteamCMD GUI tool and run it: https://github.com/DioJoestar/SteamCMD-GUI
Open "Console" tab. Remember IP in line "Local IP address:"
4. This is important.
You must start L4d2 client first (before the server).
5. Run server by double click on "runserver.bat"
Approve srcds.exe access in your firewall. Windows firewall will show you a warning automatically.
6. In L4D2 client enter in console:
where IP are numbers from the step 3. It could be something like 192.168.202.1:27000
P.S. Instruction can be partially applied for other dedicated servers, like CS:GO.