Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-27-2008 , 16:39   [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #1

As the topic saies. Instead of a vote for general gg enabled or not i would like to have a vote if the current round should be teamplay or singleplayer mode. Could bring some more variations into the game.
Thought it could be possible to start the round like 15 seconds after mapchange so that nearby all players are fully connected and can take part in the vote. When the vote is complete or a set waiting time in it restarts the round in either single player or team mode.

XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2008 , 23:25   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #2

This should be pretty easy to do. What do you think I should do as far having both a vote for GunGame and a vote for teamplay?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-04-2008 , 10:05   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #3

Well, i don't know how many use the gg_vote options, i don't use them as it is a gungame only server.
I think a single vote should be best, 3 options, gungame teamplay, gungame single palyer and gungame off. All 3 to toggle with cvar (if anyone does not want to have one of them he can turn them off).
Maybe more options?

vcwz
Old 11-05-2008 , 09:43   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #4

It's a great idea, i also want any like this to do a vote in the Warmup Round.
Old 11-07-2008 , 20:58   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #5

Okay, this'll be in the next version, which I should be mailing out to supporters later tonight. In case I forget to say so in the e-mail, you could get the functionality that you asked for by using these settings:

Code:
gg_autovote_mode 2
gg_autovote_rounds 1
gg_autovote_delay 15.0
gg_autovote_ratio 0.51
gg_autovote_time 10.0
gg_autovote_time is the amount of time that players have to vote. In this case, gg_autovote_ratio is the percentage of votes required to play the mode that is not default in your gungame.cfg. So if you have gg_teamplay 1 in gungame.cfg, you need 51% of votes for regular GunGame to play regular. Likewise, if gg_teamplay was 0 in gungame.cfg, you'd need 51% of votes towards teamplay to play that.
Bawakuda
Old 11-16-2008 , 07:30   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #6

Oh Yeah, very great idee, i look forward this stuff ^^
Vm|Mayhem
Old 11-16-2008 , 13:04   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #7

Great idea Mordekay. Thanks for the hard work xxavalanchexx. Sending some support your way.

Last edited by Vm|Mayhem; 11-16-2008 at 13:18.
Send a message via AIM to Vm|Mayhem
Arrow
Old 11-28-2008 , 02:28   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #8

how do i get a hold of this option for my GG server?
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2008 , 17:11   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #9

I should be releasing 2.12 either this Monday or Tuesday.
Bawakuda
Old 12-02-2008 , 17:10   Re: [Suggestion] Allow vote at startup for team or singleplayer
Reply With Quote #10

Thanks a lot for this new release ^^

A quick feedback, I see 2 strange things about the new vote feature :

* When gg_teamplay is set to 2 (randomly teamplay or regular), the result of the new vote, gg_autovote_mode 3, isn't take in account.
Exemple : all players vote Yes in Teamplay, the result is correctly displayed, but the gungame is in regular mode...
* When I start a vote manually with the command amx_gungame_vote, the old vote appear...snif