Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)

Post New Thread Reply   

StormEagle
Old 10-14-2013 , 11:12   Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #1

I've recently downloaded and installed SRCDS (for CSS) on Windows via Steamcmd then proceeded to do the same with metamod. Initially MM wouldn't work at all (even after configuring the vdf and gameinfo.txt file - the latter would crash srcds upon startup). Although I've finally got MM to load by putting it into custom/foldername/addons..

Now I've attempted to install SM in both cstrike/addons and the custom folder separately, and neither of those would work (when I type "meta list" the response is "no plugins loaded". I've also put the vdf file into the metamod folder as well as inserting "addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm" into metaplugins.ini, but neither works. So what went wrong?

Note: The MM version I downloaded is 1.10.0, but when I type "meta version" into the console it says "Metamod:Source version 1.9.2" so I'm unsure whether its meant to be this way or not.

Last edited by StormEagle; 10-14-2013 at 11:13.
XAFAfterShock
Old 10-14-2013 , 11:22   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #2

if you have 1.10.0 it should be reporting that version, I'd grab the latest stable snapshot from http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2013 , 11:27   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #3

folder structure for MM and SM go in <modfolder>/addons

cstrike/addons for example
Old 10-14-2013 , 11:32   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
folder structure for MM and SM go in <modfolder>/addons

cstrike/addons for example
I've tried that before and MM wouldn't load but incase it helps, this is my metamod.vdf:

Quote:
"Plugin"
{
"file" "../cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
When I place MM into my custom folder, I've added .dll behind server, otherwise it wouldn't work

Last edited by StormEagle; 10-14-2013 at 11:48.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-14-2013 , 11:55   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #5

Do not install plugins using the custom directory.
Old 10-14-2013 , 12:09   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Do not install plugins using the custom directory.
MM is not working in the usual cstrike/addons directory though, I'm still trying to figure out why
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2013 , 12:26   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #7

Where did you get the instructions for your MM vdf file? Here's my vdf with an installation folder of C:\css_ds01\cstrike\addons

Code:
"Plugin"
{
	"file"	"addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
...:: TnT Edit ::...
I just went to http://www.sourcemm.net/vdf and it created a VDF same as yours... I don't know if both ways work or not, I just know that my VDF works.

Also, double check all of the folder/file permissions and make sure your account has proper security access to them all.

Last edited by TnTSCS; 10-14-2013 at 12:30.
StormEagle
Old 10-14-2013 , 13:02   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
Where did you get the instructions for your MM vdf file? Here's my vdf with an installation folder of C:\css_ds01\cstrike\addons

Code:
"Plugin"
{
	"file"	"addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
...:: TnT Edit ::...
I just went to http://www.sourcemm.net/vdf and it created a VDF same as yours... I don't know if both ways work or not, I just know that my VDF works.

Also, double check all of the folder/file permissions and make sure your account has proper security access to them all.
I've tried the config of your VDF but it doesn't work for me either (even tried adding .dll). All permissions seem to be in place.

Anyway this is my gameinfo.txt, is there anything in it that's unusual?
http://pastebin.com/z3xUw8BV

I've also tried inserting "GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin" above game+mod cstrike/custom*. It worked months ago, but now it just crashes right away.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2013 , 13:32   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormEagle View Post
I've recently downloaded and installed SRCDS (for CSS) on Windows via Steamcmd then proceeded to do the same with metamod. Initially MM wouldn't work at all (even after configuring the vdf and gameinfo.txt file - the latter would crash srcds upon startup). Although I've finally got MM to load by putting it into custom/foldername/addons..

Now I've attempted to install SM in both cstrike/addons and the custom folder separately, and neither of those would work (when I type "meta list" the response is "no plugins loaded". I've also put the vdf file into the metamod folder as well as inserting "addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm" into metaplugins.ini, but neither works. So what went wrong?

Note: The MM version I downloaded is 1.10.0, but when I type "meta version" into the console it says "Metamod:Source version 1.9.2" so I'm unsure whether its meant to be this way or not.
When you install/upgrade MetaMod: Source and SourceMod, do it while the server isn't running. Windows prevents you from overwriting files that are currently in use. Which, if you had MM:S 1.9.2 already installed and the server was running, would explain why it still says 1.9.2.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-14-2013 at 13:33.
StormEagle
Old 10-14-2013 , 14:47   Re: Steamcmd Sourcemod/Metamod problem (Windows)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
When you install/upgrade MetaMod: Source and SourceMod, do it while the server isn't running. Windows prevents you from overwriting files that are currently in use. Which, if you had MM:S 1.9.2 already installed and the server was running, would explain why it still says 1.9.2.
I've never had 1.9.2 before so that really shouldn't have happened.