Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Help needed hosting a website

Post New Thread Reply   

IC3k1ng
Old 10-15-2023 , 12:09   Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. Im making this website which uses f_opensocket() function with UDP port (for game ports) in PHP according to this code: https://github.com/EnurDev/CS16SERVERSTATUS/

I edited it and it worked fine in localhost using XAMPP, but i can't find a free host that allows this function, so it gives to me an invalid response from the server. I tried with many free hosts, like InfinityFree, PonyICU, AeonFree, ProFreeHost, 000webhost, etc.. and none of this worked for me. Is there any free host that really allows this function with this type of ports?. Thanks and cheers.

bigdaddy424
Old 10-15-2023 , 15:53   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #2

http://ca.ovh.com offers virtual servers that go around $4 after tax.
Old 10-15-2023 , 17:14   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #3

Hmm... I will see. Thank you.

bigdaddy424
Old 10-15-2023 , 19:53   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #4

https://www.awardspace.com/kb/disabled-php-functions/
Quote:
Which PHP Functions Are Disabled on the Free Hosting Plan?

In an effort to provide the best and most reliable hosting experience, the free platform prohibits the use of the following PHP functions:

allow_url_fopen()
fsockopen()
pfsockpen()
getrusage()
get_current_user()
set_time_limit()
getmyuid()
getmypid()
dl()
leak()
listen()
chown()
chgrp()
realpath()
link()
exec()
passthru()
curl_init()

Why Are These Functions Disabled?

There are two major reasons why a certain PHP function may be blocked on our free plan – security concerns and the potential of server stability issues.

On one hand, some of these functions allow data to be transmitted to a third party server. This is not allowed on our free service as it can allow a malicious website to be uploaded which then tries to steal information from visitors and immediately sends any entered data to the attacker’s computer.

The other major reason why certain PHP functions are prohibited is the fact that we take great care to provide a stable and reliable hosting experience. This is done by limiting the amount of server-side changes that a free hosting account can make. For example, when you get a free hosting account, you will only have access to your own files. All system files will be hidden and you will not have access to those. Similarly, some PHP functions require higher privileges to be executed. We have disabled these functions in order to ensure that they cannot the used to negatively impact the server’s stability and uptime or to compromise the data stored by other clients on the server.
Old 10-16-2023 , 09:34   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #5

Yes, i already see that, but it happens with many other free hosts like InfinityFree:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin - Owner of InfinityFree
You can use socket functions (fsockopen() and related) on any free hosting account. However, the access is limited to prevent abuse.

A small set of default ports are available for sockets. This means functions like SMTP, FTP and requests to external websites work fine. However, more specialized ports, like game server ports, are not available. Additional ports cannot be opened on request.
But i don't understand why using game ports is abusive for these hosts.

jgbc3d
Old 10-17-2023 , 20:45   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3k1ng View Post
Yes, i already see that, but it happens with many other free hosts like InfinityFree:

Perhaps it may be due to the "excess" bandwidth that there may be from using their servers for game-related data.
jgbc3d
Old 10-17-2023 , 20:56   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #7

Esto te lo comento dentro de mi ignorancia, a pesar que he trabajado en casos MUY BÁSICOS de desarrollo web y ahora en plugins sourcemod, te digo que quizás intentes usar tu "PROPIO" servidor para manejar el ancho de banda y uses el Free Host en manejar netamente la parte "grafica" por así decirlo. No se si me estoy dando a entender, es decir, no dejes que el Host haga la lectura de status de tu server sino hazlo en tu servidor y luego apuntas los status al free host. Otra cosa, a veces tu internet contratado te complica las cosas (lo estoy experimentando), quizas lo haces todo bien pero tu internet no te ayuda.
Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 10-18-2023 , 06:50   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3k1ng View Post
It used to be abused to perform DoS & DDoS attacks on other servers
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2023 , 09:28   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #9

failing that, use the gt api, return the data you need, for this the server must exist in its database
Old 10-19-2023 , 09:37   Re: Help needed hosting a website
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbc3d View Post
Perhaps it may be due to the "excess" bandwidth that there may be from using their servers for game-related data.
Maybe. It could be that because servers send to much information to hosting to process it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeeeeeeeeel.- View Post
It used to be abused to perform DoS & DDoS attacks on other servers
Oh, i didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
failing that, use the gt api, return the data you need, for this the server must exist in its database
Thank you. Really helpful!! I will try it.