Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HELP] Player data randomly wipes (SQLite)

Post New Thread Reply   

crnova
Old 04-19-2016 , 15:58   [HELP] Player data randomly wipes (SQLite)
Reply With Quote #1

As the title says, player's data randomly wipes, it is unknown when, i'm using SQLite to save & load player data
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (Untitled.sma - 546 views - 4.2 KB)

Last edited by crnova; 04-19-2016 at 16:04.
Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2016 , 17:14   Re: [HELP] Player data randomly wipes (SQLite)
Reply With Quote #2

What you should do is set up a bunch of server_print() or log_amx() at all the locations saving data, enter as much information as possible in them. For example, which function is calling and what data it is saving. You will easily find the problem.

This seems kind of weird though. Why would you free it before saving? As far as I can see, it does not reconnect before trying to save. But maybe I misunderstood the functions. I'm not very well trained in the arts of SQL.
Code:
public plugin_end() {     if( g_SqlConnection != Empty_Handle )     {         SQL_FreeHandle(g_SqlConnection)     }         SaveAll_SQLite() }
Old 04-20-2016 , 06:28   Re: [HELP] Player data randomly wipes (SQLite)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
What you should do is set up a bunch of server_print() or log_amx() at all the locations saving data, enter as much information as possible in them. For example, which function is calling and what data it is saving. You will easily find the problem.

This seems kind of weird though. Why would you free it before saving? As far as I can see, it does not reconnect before trying to save. But maybe I misunderstood the functions. I'm not very well trained in the arts of SQL.
Code:
public plugin_end() {     if( g_SqlConnection != Empty_Handle )     {         SQL_FreeHandle(g_SqlConnection)     }         SaveAll_SQLite() }
I'll try that, but i'm guessing the problem is,

Code:

Should be

Code:
public plugin_end() {     SaveAll_SQLite()     if( g_SqlConnection != Empty_Handle )     {         SQL_FreeHandle(g_SqlConnection)     } }
Old 04-20-2016 , 13:07   Re: [HELP] Player data randomly wipes (SQLite)
Reply With Quote #4

Okay i've solved the problem

The problem was when a map change occurs, all the players disconnect, and when they disconnect this happens:

Code:
public artifacts_disconnect(id) {     Save_SQLite(id)         g_Crates[id] = 0     g_Keys[id] = 0     g_M4A1[id] = 0     g_AK47[id] = 0     g_DEAGLE[id] = 0     g_AWP[id] = 0     g_KNIFE[id] = 0 }

As you can see above, the player's data save, and then it's set to 0, then when the Plugin ends!, all player's data is saved, Which means the "0" from above, is saved also, because on map change, plugin end occurs after disconnect.

Thank you Black Rose! putting log_amx to see the problem helped me alot
Old 04-21-2016 , 13:14   Re: [HELP] Player data randomly wipes (SQLite)
Reply With Quote #5

I'm glad you found the problem. Good job!