12% 

Clan Tag Checker ( Protector ) v2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

pendragon
Old 03-10-2006 , 16:28  
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangel
... i've combined it with amxbans 4.3, very nice.
Hope you can do a version that supports MySQL soon.
you mean you changed it so that the bans go through amxbans?
Could you please post the changed code please? (assuming v3x doesn't mind of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
I would if I'd have a webhost that accepted outside connections ;)
I'll give you access to a db if you would like becuase I would love this as well.

My suggestion would be to have it verify by using the amxbans' amx_amxadmin table structure. This is only just to make things easier for admins to not have to add duplicate steam ids into both the amxbans database and also a special database for this plugin. Even if people don't have amxbans - they can still use the same table structure for this plugin.

I think its the following: (don't kill me if i have the sql query wrong here - you'll get the gist of it from it)
Code:
CREATE TABLE `amx_amxadmins` (`id` int(12) NOT NULL auto_increment, `username` varchar(32) default NULL, `password` varchar(32) default NULL, `access` varchar(32) default NULL, `flags` varchar(32) default NULL, `steamid` varchar(32) default NULL, `nickname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
I could dfinately see this working by having the plugin look for a specific flag like a custom one - ADMIN_LEVEL_H - or something that can be defined in the SMA ...
Code:
#define REQ_TAG ADMIN_LEVEL_H
anywho - i'll be gone this weekend, and we're switching server companies first thing next week, so I'll be able to help you v3x after that.
Old 03-11-2006 , 01:03  
Reply With Quote #62

I think latest version solve the problem. I haven't seen anyting.
Send a message via AIM to Vm|Mayhem
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2006 , 07:05  
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
I would if I'd have a webhost that accepted outside connections ;)
I'll give you access to a db if you would like becuase I would love this as well.
Do you have a reliable webhost?
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Console
Old 03-11-2006 , 13:18  
Reply With Quote #64

I think it's a good idea.
Mod X
Old 03-14-2006 , 03:18  
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
When the player connects or changes his name, the plugin will automatically go through the list and try to find that tag is the player's name. If it does, it will kick him with the message "Clan Tag Protected" after 3 seconds. Then it'll display a message to all players.
That's from the first post from Page 1.

Ok so I don't get this. I have a clan server and our clan tag is "-|hTd|-". So do I do this?

"-|hTd|-" "STEAM_0:1:12345
"-|hTd|-" "STEAM_0:1:24680
....and on until its all my clan members.

So if a player that is not in our clan joins, and tries to put tag on, does he get kicked? If our clan member decides to change his name to just "Bob" would he get kicked?
Send a message via AIM to Mod X
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2006 , 03:22  
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod X
Ok so I don't get this. I have a clan server and our clan tag is "-|hTd|-". So do I do this?

"-|hTd|-" "STEAM_0:1:12345"
"-|hTd|-" "STEAM_0:1:24680"
....and on until its all my clan members.
Yes.

Quote:
So if a player that is not in our clan joins, and tries to put tag on, does he get kicked?
Yes.

Quote:
If our clan member decides to change his name to just "Bob" would he get kicked?
No.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Mod X
Old 03-14-2006 , 03:23  
Reply With Quote #67

Ok thank you very much that clears everything up

I guess the problem was that I thought our clan members got kicked if they decided too take tag off
Vm|Mayhem
Old 03-20-2006 , 13:42  
Reply With Quote #68

The 1.3b verson works great. You should update the main download.
Send a message via AIM to Vm|Mayhem
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2006 , 15:26  
Reply With Quote #69

Updated - Version 2.0
- Largely rewritten code & fixed a few bugs

Mod X
Old 03-20-2006 , 16:26  
Reply With Quote #70

Ooo a new version! I'm gonna d/l this right away! Umm what are some changes? Or did you just rewrite it to perform better. But anyways I have one problem. Can you make it so that when you add it in the console you can add comments so you can put who they are.

Example:

amx_addsteam "-|hTd|-" "STEAM_0:1:123456" "Jimmy Johnson"

So you know who is who.