Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Fixes health, ammo and loadout problems in arena.
    Old 05-22-2010 , 21:27   [TF2] Arena Fix (1.0.7)
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a really simple plugin that fixes what it says at the top, pretty handy for those of us who run arena maps or pure arena servers as this is a bug that isn't properly fixed yet.

When the round starts all health and ammo will be restored to full and any loadout changes will take effect, very simply done just using the new stock TF2_RegeneratePlayer.

Post any problems you have but I think I have everything covered here.

Change log:

- Initial release.

- Small optimisation.
    - Added check for dead/spec players.

- Plugin now takes into account for melee mode plugins.

- Fixed heavy sandvich exploit, there's a posh way (via SDKHooks) which removes the sandvich if thrown, or a rough way via regular slot removal on round start/player spawn if SDKHooks is not present.
    - Added in TF2 check just in case.
    - Fixed a slight bug with the melee code, shouldn't have caused any serious problems though.
    - Optimisations.

- Fixed sandvich being restored if you have no SDKHooks and have melee mode enabled.

- Fixed disconnect hook.
    - Fixed version string.

- Fixed a rare bug where the sandvich SDKHook could continue to work in non-arena maps.

- Made weapon check more accurate.
    - Made non-SDKHook check only remove sandvich now.

Please note as of 1.0.3 that this plugin optionally uses SDKHooks, so it will not compile on the forums, either download the compiled plugin or download the source and compile yourself, thank you.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2arenafix.sp - 687 views - 6.1 KB)
    File Type: smx tf2arenafix.smx (5.5 KB, 795 views)

Last edited by Jamster; 07-23-2010 at 12:32. Reason: Update posted
    DrWagstaff
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-22-2010 , 21:39   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #2

Trying it out on my 24 slot arena which is full most of the time, if there's any bugs time will tell Thanks for your effort, this is an annoying problem for me.
    Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
    Jamster
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-23-2010 , 13:37   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #3

New version! I think that should be it now though, I might not have even had to add the new checks but I wanted them there just to be sure.
    DrWagstaff
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-24-2010 , 19:14   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #4

I've run in to a problem with your plugin. My server uses a (slightly old) melee only vote sometimes. If melee only mode is enabled, the players only spawn with their melee weapons. Then your plugin refreshes them, and they no longer have only melee weapons. Can you change the plugin to take this in to account? I'd like to continue using your plugin but I can't unless it doesn't break melee only mode .

BTW, if this helps, sm_meleemode_enable 1 is what is set when melee only mode is on, sm_meleemode_enable 0 is off. I dont know if you would handle it this way, but perhaps it would be best to preserve the weapons loadout of the player through refreshes, and only handle the health and ammo with your plugin. I know this would completely change your angle of attack, but like I said, can't use your plugin if it breaks melee only as my players use the vote at least once a day.

Last edited by DrWagstaff; 05-24-2010 at 19:16.
    Jamster
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-25-2010 , 13:54   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #5

Ugh, yeah, meleemode plugins usually disable lockers to get weapons back and of course this plugin is essentially doing the equivalent of this. :\

Ideally a melee plugin would just check again if a player tripped a regen rather than blocking the lockers totally. I'll think on it but I might just end up doing my own melee plugin if this is the case, or maybe do a weapon check on regen then restore how the weapons were before. That might work (if possible). You might have to give me a while to do that though, lol.
    DrWagstaff
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-26-2010 , 01:54   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #6

Cool. Might I make a request? Add an extended melee mode where the operator can also opt in for certain things like medics healgun, PDA that can build dispensers/teles etc. I really want something like this, and am not sure if the plugins currently exist to make it possible to just vote on/of this mode with customvotes.
    Jamster
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-26-2010 , 15:12   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #7

I think there is a melee plugin that does that, I seem to remember one anyway, hah.

Anyway, I will try and fix this issue once I have fixed my other plugin rcplus. I am confident that I can probably find a way to restore weapon slot layouts once I execute the restoration.
    Jamster
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-27-2010 , 12:30   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix
    Reply With Quote #8

Good news, new version posted and it takes into account of melee plugins! The idea I had in my head actually worked (that's a first, lol). If you have any problems then let me know.
    Jamster
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-07-2010 , 12:26   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix (1.0.3)
    Reply With Quote #9

New version, fixes a possible exploit with heavy sandviches which optionally uses SDKHooks (it is highly recommended). With SDKHooks it automatically removes any sandviches that are thrown during the round warm up, without it it just removes the second weapon slot until the round starts (but keeps off if melee is on). Also fixed a small bug with the melee code, though nothing pressing.

Any problems then let me know, if you aren't bothered about the possible exploit then feel free to not download the new version!
    Jamster
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-07-2010 , 21:02   Re: [TF2] Arena Fix (1.0.4)
    Reply With Quote #10

Ugh, another update, sorry, messed up the code a tad if you had no SDKHooks and melee mode enabled.