Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [l4d2]model problem.

Post New Thread Reply   

AK978
Old 10-24-2020 , 22:33   [l4d2]model problem.
Reply With Quote #1

How to modify the custom player model so that the model can be used via commands?

Last edited by AK978; 01-02-2021 at 06:58.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2020 , 23:27   Re: [l4d2]model problem.
Reply With Quote #2

You can check some model changers plugins for L4D2

[L4D/L4D2]Lux's Model Changer

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu

Last edited by Marttt; 10-24-2020 at 23:27.
AK978
Old 10-24-2020 , 23:39   Re: [l4d2]model problem.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappykun View Post
I found an edit of Merudo's Survivor Chat Select 1.6 plugin by zrmdsxa that allowed for custom models to be selected, so I modified it a little further to simplify how characters are loaded and make the custom character list configurable. I made all characters load the same way by specifying a model and a "prop" which determines what voice and what HUD elements they get.

It requires EasyDownloader to download the textures on the client's side. I included two models that I converted for my server, IJN's Reimu and Plasmid's Taokaka. Not the best porting job on the Tao model, but it's more of a proof-of-concept than anything.

Kinda wish SCS had its own thread, but I'm posting my edited version here because I want some feedback/advice on it.

Spoiler

Couple of questions:
  • How would I change the viewmodel of a client if I wanted to implement Reimu's existing viewmodel onto users that select her?
  • The Reimu model has custom HUD elements, originally meant to overwrite Rochelle's HUD images. Is it possible to change these to custom images on the client's end using Sourcemod?
  • So far, the only bug I know of is the config parser returning a garbage list of custom characters when the config is empty. Other than that, are there any other glaring issues with the edits I've made?
i want add new play model.not only Reimu and Taokaka.
l4d2 custom model need modification?will not be applied directly.

Last edited by AK978; 10-24-2020 at 23:51.
AK978
Old 01-02-2021 , 06:57   Re: [l4d2]model problem.
Reply With Quote #4

use the models from the workshop since they already meet l4d2's requirements. You still have to decompile them with something like crowbar, change the model's name in the .qc file, and compile it.