Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.

Post New Thread Reply   

ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2015 , 09:37   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
It's kinda weird you're using TOGs SourceBans, which is pretty buggy and old. Has no updates for SM1.7
No updates on AM, you mean. And how is it buggy? lol. Never heard of any bugs except those related to the Steamworks extension not always giving the family sharing forward, which is something the author of steamworks has to fix.

And how is it old? It is 1.4.11, which is what most use. SB 2.x is a completely new system and seems all but abandoned, and 1.5 isnt the official release. If you go to SB website, and select downloads, it takes you to 1.4.11. Not to pull apart what you said...just not following it.

Also, other than updating the auth id code, what would need update? And as stated above, the 1.7 supports the old method still, so really, a "1.7 update" isnt required. Correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. He hasnt posted back here yet, but he told me he figured out that his last 3 servers were missing the translation file, and for some reason it wasnt showing in SM logs. He tested on one of them, and it fixed his issue. He will be testing the others soon.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 04-28-2015 at 09:39.
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2015 , 15:22   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
No updates on AM, you mean. And how is it buggy? lol. Never heard of any bugs except those related to the Steamworks extension not always giving the family sharing forward, which is something the author of steamworks has to fix.

And how is it old? It is 1.4.11, which is what most use. SB 2.x is a completely new system and seems all but abandoned, and 1.5 isnt the official release. If you go to SB website, and select downloads, it takes you to 1.4.11. Not to pull apart what you said...just not following it.

Also, other than updating the auth id code, what would need update? And as stated above, the 1.7 supports the old method still, so really, a "1.7 update" isnt required. Correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. He hasnt posted back here yet, but he told me he figured out that his last 3 servers were missing the translation file, and for some reason it wasnt showing in SM logs. He tested on one of them, and it fixed his issue. He will be testing the others soon.
There are a few bugs that were fixed in the Sourcebans github repo here
Old 04-28-2015 , 17:18   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
There are a few bugs that were fixed in the Sourcebans github repo here
Thanks for the info. Since the contributors are not the best about updating the changelog (scripting last changed 2 months ago, last change in changelog is 1 yr ago), I'll have to run a compare in NPP to find the differences and implement them. Do you happen to know off hand what the changes were?

On a side note, I'm surprised they arent using condition compilation directives (#if SOURCEMOD_V_MAJOR >= 1 && SOURCEMOD_V_MINOR >= 7) in the code, that way it can still be compiled by anyone pre-1.7, and post. They use it in the AskPluginLoad2 function, but not the others...tsk tsk

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 04-28-2015 at 17:19.
heavenrave
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-28-2015 , 20:36   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #14

Yeah , i've duplicated the fault, missing the sourcebans.phrases.txt which my sm log didn't show up, nor does the sb log shows lolx, which I suspect, I did not do a full restart with my server host instead I did a map change etc.

Will reconfirm my fault again, when I've done for the other 3 servers.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2015 , 20:55   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenrave View Post
Yeah , i've duplicated the fault, missing the sourcebans.phrases.txt which my sm log didn't show up, nor does the sb log shows lolx, which I suspect, I did not do a full restart with my server host instead I did a map change etc.

Still weird that it didnt show in SM logs.
Old 04-29-2015 , 01:04   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenrave View Post

yeah thats called. reading the error log. and im pretty sure sourcebans doesn't mess up on not writing the logs.

but either way, is everything solved?

Last edited by Robin955; 04-29-2015 at 01:05.
heavenrave
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-01-2015 , 01:54   Re: Sourceban doesn't kick player after ban issued in game.
Reply With Quote #17

Yes this issue has been solved, sourcebans.phrases.txt indeed was missing from those 3 servers.