xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2

Post New Thread Reply   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2011 , 06:14   xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #11

i just released xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2.

the changes are as follows:
- fixed a bug where statistics for auto-redirects were not written to the SQL database
- changed statistics to write target AND source server (before: only target server) to SQL database or statistics file
- increased error tolerance when mod or protocol for any server weren't detected correctly
- fixed error message that occured when using SQL with more servers in the database table than MAX_SERVERFORWARDS indicated

warning: if you have used v2.0 RC1 with SQL before, you have to run this SQL command on your database, before using any newer versions:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `xredirect_statistics` ADD `target_server_id` INT( 11 ) NULL ;
Old 02-09-2011 , 06:45   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #12

Maybe its because im using cs beta release? And yes i use dproto, but it doesnt mean my servers are illegal. Purpose of using dproto is to defend from cs exploits.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2011 , 07:02   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #13

this doesn't have to do anything with beta, if beta would change the protocol, which it doesn't (afaik), we would see protocol 49 or something higher here.

also i didn't say that no-steam is illegal, did i? whether no-steam is legal or not depends on the country you live in and/or run your servers in, in some countries even steam is illegal, here is a good explanation.

the reason for me not to support it, however, doesn't have anything to do with whether it's legal or not. it is rather along the lines of what bail said here, mostly:
a)"No-Steam" uses outdated engine binaries. If Valve doesn't support them, how can I support them?
b)"No-Steam" uses outdated CS binaries. This means that internal data can be different, and that means I'd have to support every iteration of CS into the past. The amount of CS internals CSDM relies on is heavy, and this would be a huge amount of work

and your case is a good example. i have programmed a check so that xREDIRECT detects differences in protocol or mod. so it is "smarter", because it can detect by itself when redirecting to a server wouldn't work, as the target server is running an incompatible version. now your non-steam stuff breaks this feature, because apparently it randomly reports to be protocol 47 or 48. to change that i would now have to include extra code only for this specific 47/48 check and allow redirection between 47 and 48.

i am not as aggressive about this topic as many others here, it's just that i won't ever do extra work only to support that stuff.
that said, you are a nice guy with quite some technical knowledge, helping me to find errors that also steam users can benefit from. so i will be as kind as telling you something that no-steam users would find out at some point anyway. it can still help you with your problem and doesn't cost me extra effort, because it is already in the code for other reasons: during 1.1 RC i noticed that the mod detection sometimes didn't work correctly, even with steam servers. to make sure even those people with this problem can run xREDIRECT, i now implemented the possibility to disable mod detection. find the line "#define MOD_DETECTION true" and change it to "#define MOD_DETECTION false" and recompile the plug-in.

Last edited by xOR; 02-09-2011 at 07:13.
9evill
Old 02-09-2011 , 07:34   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #14

Now it works perfectly

Thanks.
DeLiriuM
Old 03-12-2011 , 08:05   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #15

Adding a back button on Page #2,#3... etc, and cancel button only on page #1 would be great!
Old 03-12-2011 , 08:29   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLiriuM View Post
Adding a back button on Page #2,#3... etc, and cancel button only on page #1 would be great!
the idea behind the category feature was that people with a lot of servers can organize them in the menu so that it is exactly NOT necessary to jump through pages so much. this is why only the category feature has the option to use a back key there. it's just not that obvious because it isn't documented and not a CVAR. to get that, check the following line in the source code:
Code:
#define CANCEL_IS_BACK_KEY false        // only when categories are enabled: true = "Cancel" key in server menu turns into a "Back" key and goes back to category menu

the comment says it all

Last edited by xOR; 03-12-2011 at 08:31.
DeLiriuM
Old 03-12-2011 , 08:32   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #17

Well it does, but there's no one to read it Thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:28
FEELiFE
This message has been deleted by FEELiFE. Reason: My mistake.
DeLiriuM
Old 07-28-2011 , 02:04   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #18

Code:
  • 0 Disable automatic redirecting when server is full
  • 1 If server is full redirect to random server from list
  • 2 If server is full redirect to the next server in list
  • 3 Always redirect (even if server is empty), except admins, redirect to random server
  • 4 Always redirect (even if server is empty), except admins, redirect to next server in list
  • 5 Always redirect (even if server is empty), including admins, redirect to random server *
  • 6 Always redirect (even if server is empty), including admins, redirect to next server in list *
Any chance of adding an option, to redirect only to servers (random) from the same category?
Old 08-01-2011 , 18:33   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #19

it's a good idea but i can't make any promises, real life is keeping me too busy for any bigger plans right now
Old 08-05-2011 , 18:21   Re: xREDIRECT v2.0 RC2
Reply With Quote #20

Thx