Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

V10 banned, why?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2010 , 21:18   V10 banned, why?

Why is V10 banned?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=67285

He really made some awesome plugins and I and others have been looking forward to some updates from him.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-25-2010 , 23:06   Re: V10 banned, why?

Because he was violating the rules

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2010 , 18:21   Re: V10 banned, why?

When will he be unbanned?

He's a really good modder, without him, his plugins and exts, that many servers use can't be supported or updated.

I got a message from him today asking how he can get a unban.

Would him saying sorry etc allow that?

Personally, I think a lifetime ban if that what it is, is a little unfair and over the top action. :p
YamiKaitou
Old 09-05-2010 , 18:42   Re: V10 banned, why?

The logs show he is banned permanently. The reason listed warrants the permanent ban.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2010 , 19:04   Re: V10 banned, why?

May I know the reason please?

I do understand there are times when people need to be banned, but in my experience, it's pointless in the end since they just register a new account, normally short term punishments work best.
YamiKaitou
Old 09-05-2010 , 19:08   Re: V10 banned, why?

Quote:
advertising no-steam server and site with warez in sig
He has the ability to see the reason as well...

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2010 , 19:10   Re: V10 banned, why?

Ah.

Through was he warned first hand about it? Could had always disabled his signature rights untill he removed it and understood the rules. :p
YamiKaitou
Old 09-05-2010 , 19:12   Re: V10 banned, why?

I don't know, I wasn't the one who banned him. Why should we warn him when it is listed in the forum rules?

Antithasys
Old 09-05-2010 , 19:17   Re: V10 banned, why?

This is why.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2010 , 19:37   Re: V10 banned, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
I don't know, I wasn't the one who banned him. Why should we warn him when it is listed in the forum rules?
Not everyone reads the rules, to be honest, how many of us right now, read the rules for other forums, be honest? Other then that, does anyone here really read the fine print of the terms and service when we purchase goods and products in real life?

Ignorance of the rules is little defence, but everyone deserves a second chance, if it was someone like me, who is no value to Allied Modders in the sense, that I make no plugins or designs, but someone like V10 who is a active modder and supports, then why not allow him a second chance to redeem himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
Understandable, but is a life time ban really necessarily for a first offense? There are other ways to deal with people like this, there are more options to a forum admin then "hit the ban button"

Hey also just incase please don't get the wrong idea about me, I don't want it seem like am telling anyone how to run their own website etc.
Closed Thread