Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Reserved Slots for L4D2

Post New Thread Reply   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2010 , 10:24   Reserved Slots for L4D2
Reply With Quote #1

Does someone know of a working plugin that has working reserve slots for L4D2?

Please only reply if you can bet your life that it is 100% working as I already searched for the answer and the plugins that people link too... don't work.
dismomen
Old 09-06-2010 , 06:13   Re: Reserved Slots for L4D2
Reply With Quote #2

are you using l4d toolz for more than 8 player slots? Mine dosen't work with l4d toolz
MarshalZCC
Old 09-06-2010 , 10:51   Re: Reserved Slots for L4D2
Reply With Quote #3

I ended up making one for my community, but I'm not sure whether its considered a reserve slot or not:

I increase my max slots by 1 and hide that extra slot. If that slot gets used, once they are authenticated I perform the following: if they are a donor then I kick a non-donor; if they are not a donor then I kick them.

I don't think this is reserve slot in the sense as sourcemod reserve slots work. Its more of a dynamic priority management system. You could say it is a type of reserve slot system though.

If people are interested enough, I could try and publish something that everyone would be able to use.
dismomen
Old 09-08-2010 , 08:41   Re: Reserved Slots for L4D2
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalZCC View Post
I ended up making one for my community, but I'm not sure whether its considered a reserve slot or not:

I increase my max slots by 1 and hide that extra slot. If that slot gets used, once they are authenticated I perform the following: if they are a donor then I kick a non-donor; if they are not a donor then I kick them.

I don't think this is reserve slot in the sense as sourcemod reserve slots work. Its more of a dynamic priority management system. You could say it is a type of reserve slot system though.

If people are interested enough, I could try and publish something that everyone would be able to use.
do u have it somewhere that we can test it?
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2010 , 03:34   Re: Reserved Slots for L4D2
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalZCC View Post

That's what we have been trying with what's available here, never works.

If you could be kind enough to release it, a lot of people would be greatful.
MarshalZCC
Old 09-09-2010 , 09:41   Re: Reserved Slots for L4D2
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
That's what we have been trying with what's available here, never works.

If you could be kind enough to release it, a lot of people would be greatful.
Is there a plug-in available here that does something similar?