Critical Hit Modifier

Post New Thread Reply   

AnAkIn
Old 05-13-2008 , 05:52   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRED* View Post
ratty and AnAkIn:

I barely play tf2 these days, quite busy with school. I quickly added this feature using an offset that was given to me on irc. It appears to be wrong.
So it's always firing crits when being healed by the critzkreig? Or only after the first cruber?
I can try play with this at some point but no promises. It wouldn't be that hard to check what I've done and try figure where it's going wrong. Just needs some play testing logging values etc.
I fixed it with the help of Tsunami's plugin which was logging the action numbers.

Replace:

Code:
if (GetConVarBool(crituber) && (GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_nPlayerCond") & 6144))
by

Code:
if (GetConVarBool(crituber) && (GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_nPlayerCond") & 2048))
It is just the 6144 which should be 2048.
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-13-2008 , 13:33   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #82

I gave this a more careful test, every shot is a crit when the target is being healed by the crituber gun. You never have to deploy the uber on the target. As soon as you stop healing, no more crits.
AnAkIn
Old 05-13-2008 , 14:38   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I gave this a more careful test, every shot is a crit when the target is being healed by the crituber gun. You never have to deploy the uber on the target. As soon as you stop healing, no more crits.

Try what I said above.
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-13-2008 , 15:52   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #84

I'm an idiot.
I just tried that, works awesome now! WOOOT!!!! I even made sure it didnt do anything silly like 100% crits when uber invulnerable charged. Everything works like it should now.
chundo
Old 05-20-2008 , 18:32   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #85

Works for me also, with the game.tf2.ext.so from 1.1. However, with that extension, when I quit the server (via "quit" from console), I get a segmentation fault and it restarts rather than quitting.

Anyone else getting this? Should I be worried about using it on my server? pRED, is this somewhat expected since it's the 1.1 extension, or would you like to see a debug log and core dump?
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 05-22-2008 , 03:34   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #86

Anyone else having problems with this plugin since the latest update?. I have tried upgrading to the latest 1.0.x snapshot and the 1.1.x snapshots and neither work anymore.

This is about all I see in my logs.

PHP Code:
L 05/22/2008 00:32:41: [TF2Could not locate CalcCritical Disabling Critical Hit forward
L 05
/22/2008 00:32:41: [TF2Could not locate CalcCriticalMelee Disabling Critical Hit forward 
Thanks,

-Teddy
pRED*
Old 05-22-2008 , 16:23   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #87

teddy: http://svn.alliedmods.net/viewvc.cgi...d&pathrev=2170

Get that and it should work again. The update broke things. Not sure why the build hasn't worked.

chundo: Yes segfaulting on quit sounds like a problem.
Use the command 'ulimit -c unlimited' (I think) and then file a bug report with the new core dump it creates (should be larger than the older ones).
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 05-22-2008 , 17:29   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #88

pRED,

The first thing I did was try to install that file as I noticed you updated in the change log and it had not affect. It then tried to snapshots of the 1.0 and 1.1 branches that I believe had your updates in them and it also failed to work.

I will try again when I am home from $dayjob and see if I missed something.

Thanks for looking into it.

-Teddy
chundo
Old 05-22-2008 , 17:49   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRED* View Post
chundo: Yes segfaulting on quit sounds like a problem.
Use the command 'ulimit -c unlimited' (I think) and then file a bug report with the new core dump it creates (should be larger than the older ones).
I don't think it was the extension after all, I guess I just noticed it around the same time I switched tf2 extensions. From limited testing it seems that the segfault-on-quit was occuring when the Advertisements plugin was loaded. From the debug log it looked like something related to usermessages? I'll file a bug next time it happens on my test server.
boykevin
Old 05-23-2008 , 13:31   Re: Critical Hit Modifier
Reply With Quote #90

hmm seems like its not working theplugin works just its not crits i have the latest revision also of snapshot 1.1

Last edited by boykevin; 05-23-2008 at 13:37.