Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Question regarding PHPMyAdmin issue, wondering if anyone can help.

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-10-2013 , 13:16   Question regarding PHPMyAdmin issue, wondering if anyone can help.
Reply With Quote #1

I'm encountering an odd issue whenever I try to do anything in PHPMyAdmin, be it changing my password or adding a table/dropping a table, what-have-you.

Code:
#1290 - The MySQL server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement
I've tried Googling this, and I've found *similar* results, but none of the results have the "--skip-grant-tables" bit in it, so it seems like this is something that hasn't been reported before.

I'm running PHPMyAdmin on my dedicated server which runs Ubuntu 12.04. Installation went perfectly, no major issues. I've tried uninstalling PHPMyAdmin and reinstalling it, but that issue still appears.

Does anyone know anything about this particular error, and how to resolve it? I need the ability to use PHPMyAdmin for SQL Admins and such, and this weird error is preventing me from doing so.
Dravu
Old 06-10-2013 , 14:09   Re: Question regarding PHPMyAdmin issue, wondering if anyone can help.
Reply With Quote #2

The problem is with MySQL. You started it in a "safe mode" of sorts usually used for resetting the root password. You need to stop it and then start it normally.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-10-2013 , 14:34   Re: Question regarding PHPMyAdmin issue, wondering if anyone can help.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravu View Post
The problem is with MySQL. You started it in a "safe mode" of sorts usually used for resetting the root password. You need to stop it and then start it normally.
Hmm, and how do I do this? I've got PuTTY up, what are the commands I need to run?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-10-2013 , 18:58   Re: Question regarding PHPMyAdmin issue, wondering if anyone can help.
Reply With Quote #4

Nevermind, figured it out after I tried googling "skip grant tables" instead of "--skip-grant-tables". Figured out all I had to do was flush priveleges, and now I can use SQL.