Reply With Quote #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRDenholm View Post
Anti, any chance we can start the port over to CSS? Thanks
Check your PM's.
ENF
Old 09-28-2008 , 23:29   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #163

Yep. In regards to the map timer, I do have that set correctly. On the dustbowl server, there is no 'map' time limit... I only rely on the 'maxrounds' timer and the stage timer inside the map itself.

If it works out, great! If not, it's okay... still a great plugin.

Edit: And wow, you try to please people with team balancing in fair fashion and they still bitch. "ZOMG I GOT SWITCHED, WHY ME!!?!?!!" /sigh -- Regardless of their bitching, this plugin is much better by far.
Antithasys
Old 09-29-2008 , 01:02   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENF View Post
Edit: And wow, you try to please people with team balancing in fair fashion and they still bitch. "ZOMG I GOT SWITCHED, WHY ME!!?!?!!" /sigh -- Regardless of their bitching, this plugin is much better by far.
Nobody likes to get switched, but they don't like stacked teams or easy matches either... can't ever win.
Binksy
Old 09-29-2008 , 09:25   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #165

It does seem to be working much better i rolled back to 1.3.1 as it seems less buggy specially with the same player getting switched or the time you set to switch again don't seem to work correctly in 1.3.2.

Bugs: If you run HLstatsX this messes with the overview of the server ie you goto spec but HLstatsX says you are still on the team you left before you joined spectator.

The in game logs of who joined what team auto or not auto or even join spec has all gone. Most likely whats causing the HLstatsX to NOT show correctly this all worked until version 1.3.0

Edit: I believe this also could mess with the afk manager due to the problems with spec and team displaying incorrectly. we have had some random players get kicked even though there playing in a team. hmm

Hope it helps other than that i think 1.3.1 is the best so far IMHO..

Binksy

Last edited by Binksy; 09-29-2008 at 09:30.
slipenbois
Old 09-29-2008 , 11:47   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #166

Really nice plugin used now on my own server.

Here's the french translation.

++
Attached Files
File Type: txt simpleteambalancer.phrases.txt (1.7 KB, 118 views)
Antithasys
Old 09-29-2008 , 15:56   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
It does seem to be working much better i rolled back to 1.3.1 as it seems less buggy specially with the same player getting switched or the time you set to switch again don't seem to work correctly in 1.3.2.
1.3.1. Has a serious error and will crash your sever if someone cancels out of the buddy menu. 1.3.2 fixed this error and is actually almost identical to 1.3.1 in all other regards, espically the team switching functions and rules. There was no code change in regards to the forced players, team switch code, or anything like that. These two version should act the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
Bugs: If you run HLstatsX this messes with the overview of the server ie you goto spec but HLstatsX says you are still on the team you left before you joined spectator.

The in game logs of who joined what team auto or not auto or even join spec has all gone. Most likely whats causing the HLstatsX to NOT show correctly this all worked until version 1.3.0

Edit: I believe this also could mess with the afk manager due to the problems with spec and team displaying incorrectly. we have had some random players get kicked even though there playing in a team. hmm

Hope it helps other than that i think 1.3.1 is the best so far IMHO..

Binksy
I run HLstatsX with no problems. It is not possible to assign a team and not have that person be on the team. I do no understand what problems you are actually having as this doesn't really describe something that my plugin could or would even do, or is even possible for it to do.
Antithasys
Old 09-29-2008 , 16:04   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalidor View Post
In the team change natives, "if (team != TEAM_RED || team != TEAM_BLUE)" should be "if (team != TEAM_RED && team != TEAM_BLUE)". The former always causes the functions to throw an invalid team error.
This is my very first attempt to make natives. Could you send me your plugin you are trying to code in a PM, the entire thing please. I will check to see how you are coding the natives into it.

The code I have in there is actually correct. It if you do not supply a proper team index(ie. 2, or 3) then it will error out. You cannot switch in a forced mannor to spectator(team 1) or an invalid team (anything other than 2 or 3). So the code that says || (or) is actually correct and the code that you use (&&) will actually cause problems. That would require you to have a team that is both red AND blue, and that is impossible. You want it to be red OR blue.

Also, bots don't have valid client index numbers and are not accounted for in my plugin. You are getting those errors because the plugin can't interpolate the client index, and is in fact, an invalid client. So code like this:

PHP Code:
SetEventInt(event"player"client); 
or anything that has to do with the client index will cause errors.

Change the code back to || (or) and add this to the top of your plugin:

PHP Code:
#define TEAM_RED 2
#define TEAM_BLUE 3 
Then when sending the team, use the constant, that should solve most of your problems.

Hope that helps, but if you need more help send me the plugin you are working on in a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipenbois View Post
Really nice plugin used now on my own server.
Here's the french translation.
++
Thanks!

++

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-29-2008 at 16:20.
Antithasys
Old 09-29-2008 , 17:29   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalidor View Post
I always use valid team numbers. With the or notation, it always errors, even when passing either 2 or 3, saying that they are invalid teams. With the and notation, it works as you intend it to and throws errors for spec and non-existant teams as expected. Can you actually test it please?

And the other error was indeed resolved by using the command on myself instead of a bot, though I find it odd that the "John Doe was moved to the other team for game balance" message always shows up, even though a switch performed through a native isn't necessarily for that purpose.
You are correct. It needs to be && not || . I will fix in next release.

I also added some bot checking code to stop that error you got when using them in the next release as well. It will now just report that bots are not supported.

Yes, while I do see your point about the message, the point of this plugin is/was to balance teams, thus the message. It actually currently only displays when you use the forced native and not the unforced. I will modify the code as well to be more like the unforced native and not display the message, but still fire the event.

...and...

Quote:
Added console variable for dead only player switching
--Setting to 1 will require someone on the bigger team to die and be "switchable" to balance the teams
--This could mean long periods of inbalanced teams. Use at your own risk
Added console variable to control a balance delay
--This will delay the start of the autobalance once teams become inbalanced
--Setting to 0 will start a balance right away
--Dead players will not be scanned or switched until after this delay
Increased advertisement timer to 60 seconds after player enters
Changed phrase used to respond to buddy command
Changed description of stb_timeleft as it only works for MAP time left and not round time left
Added bot check and error reporting for the native functions
Corrected error in logic for team selection in native functions
Modified native code to not display balance message, but still fire events, when switching players

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-29-2008 at 17:46.
crazydog115
Old 09-30-2008 , 23:43   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #170

Suggestion:

Don't switch live players carrying the intelligence.