[L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver

Post New Thread Reply   

Zuriii
Old 07-14-2023 , 00:37   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper990 View Post
Y O,

Any words from the author for future update?
No but if someone could work off this mod its an amazing script just needs some more features. @silvers could help make it amazing he is one of a few amazing coders.
ddd123
Old 07-14-2023 , 04:48   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #62

That sad cause i really like this spit running away as possible plugins
I wish they can able to fix/update for future updates

I sometime get lag/low fps after witch start chasing me or allies but i think that's has something to do with my other witch plugins i'm using. I'm not really sure.

1337joshi
Old 07-14-2023 , 11:16   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #63

for some reason if i start this plugin, other plugins like sm_respawn.smx does not load there .cfg settings anymore, it loads its default premade settings, if i put the Survivor Bot AI Improver.smx to disabled server folder all other plugins load there .cfg made settings corrently, any idea what is it about ?

Last edited by 1337joshi; 07-14-2023 at 11:17.
NeoTM
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2023 , 20:39   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337joshi View Post
for some reason if i start this plugin, other plugins like sm_respawn.smx does not load there .cfg settings anymore, it loads its default premade settings, if i put the Survivor Bot AI Improver.smx to disabled server folder all other plugins load there .cfg made settings corrently, any idea what is it about ?
You can maybe fix this issue with the plgin made by silver named "[any]Cvars Config Updater"
If you have lot of plugins , there is too much Cvar and the game will ignore them
82.66.75.218:27015 - Walk In Dead Nightmare
82.66.75.218:27016 - Walk In Dead Rampage
82.66.75.218:27017 - Walk In Dead Vanilla
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-15-2023 , 09:24   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuriii View Post
No but if someone could work off this mod its an amazing script just needs some more features. @silvers could help make it amazing he is one of a few amazing coders.
I hardly have time for my own plugins let alone others anymore.

Feels like this plugin should be unapproved, too many errors/lag and no response from author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTM View Post
You can maybe fix this issue with the plgin made by silver named "[any]Cvars Config Updater"
If you have lot of plugins , there is too much Cvar and the game will ignore them
Needs the Command and ConVar - Buffer Overflow Fixer to fix cvars not being read when there are too many.
Old 07-15-2023 , 09:55   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Feels like this plugin should be unapproved, too many errors/lag and no response from author.
My guess (no proof) is this was a plugin not made for public use and was privately shared and the author decided to release knowing full well they weren't planning on supporting it, but decided to throw a bone to the community.

Or its a case of lack of time to support. All speculation at this point.
Zuriii
Old 07-15-2023 , 12:52   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:

Needs the Command and ConVar - Buffer Overflow Fixer to fix cvars not being read when there are too many.
You aren't wrong if the author plans not to update at least reply to the community if you have no plans to fix anything. Also I get that I was just giving you a shoutout I always see you in the comments improving so many others scripts very impressive work on your part. You should eventually make your own ai script id donate to that your works amazing!
TypicalType
Old 07-15-2023 , 12:53   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
My guess (no proof) is this was a plugin not made for public use and was privately shared and the author decided to release knowing full well they weren't planning on supporting it, but decided to throw a bone to the community.

Or its a case of lack of time to support. All speculation at this point.
I've seen this plugin way before on Github and it was public, my guess it would be the lack of time to support it.
Mika Misori
Old 07-15-2023 , 14:19   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
This is a modified version of 1.4 - I sent to someone and they reported it no longer crashes.

Author: please compare to see the changes.

Calling some natives before OnMapStart seems to be the crash. The next left4dhooks update will simply block the calls but for now you can add these checks into your plugin (and since some others maybe slow in updating left4dhooks). L4D2_NavAreaBuildPath and other NavArea natives, and a few other things.

There are more things that could be optimized, I haven't had time to go through and write anything about it.
Very strange, but after a month I got another crash with this error. On the updated version of the plugin Survivor Bot AI Improver v1.5 and Left 4 DHooks Direct v1.133, nothing else has changed on the servers. For a month everything worked stably and here it is again.

Accelerator:
https://crash.limetech.org/6xlhjtlmhsjy

Stack Trace:
Code:
Function
0 server_srv.so!bool NavAreaBuildPath<ShortestPathCost>(CNavArea*, CNavArea*, Vector const*, Vector const*, ShortestPathCost&, CNavArea**, float, int, bool) + 0x490

[...]

12: jit_code_3777933312_1048576 + 0x248ca [ l4d2_sb_ai_improver.smx::.197092.GetClientTravelDistance ]
      eip: 0xe130f8ca esp: 0xffdbe4b0 ebp: 0xffdbe4e8 ebx: 0xdb0d6d10
      esi: 0xdaea4008 edi: 0x00232ce8

13: jit_code_3777933312_1048576 + 0xadf4 [ l4d2_sb_ai_improver.smx::.50956.SurvivorBotThink ].
      eip: 0xe12f5df4 esp: 0xffdbe4f0 ebp: 0xffdbe4f8

14: jit_code_3654950912_1048576 + 0x9d98a [ l4d2_sb_ai_improver.smx::OnPlayerRunCmd ]
      eip: 0xd9e3f98a esp: 0xffdbe500 ebp: 0xffdbe508
Mika Misori
Old 07-15-2023 , 14:23   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver
Reply With Quote #70

And also since the installation of this plugin, many players with weak hardware complain of frequent lags and stuttering.

At the same time, many players praise bots, with them now you can pass hardcore realism expert : D