[CS:S] Ammo From Dead

Post New Thread Reply   

GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 00:16   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
or maybe a little timer CVar that ammo won't spawn for the dropped weapon until after n seconds... maybe allow for up to 3 seconds, but default it to 1.5?

A player who has an AK47 who kills another player who has an AK47 would still be able to pickup the ammo from that dropped gun before the timer is up, it just won't create an ammo box for it until that timer expires (and no one took all of the extra ammo before it expired)...

just throwing out ideas
But what will happen, when someone will drop his weapon just to pick up another one from the ground and timer will be set on 3 sec?

I think we could try just with simple spawning it at player's belt position + weak throwing force straightly directed to allow recollecting, while running. What do You think?
away000
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 00:24   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #22

Try on mine server to see what i say with unstuck....

201.48.140.179:27070
Old 12-15-2011 , 00:29   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by away000 View Post
Try on mine server to see what i say with unstuck....

201.48.140.179:27070
I'm working on making the model fully no clip - I never noticed it colliding with anything, but you two are saying it does, so i'll work on that

It's getting late for me... I started my day at 4am, it's 90pm and I have to get up again at 4am for work...

I'll finish it tomorrow night - I'm off Friday too
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 00:33   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
I'm working on making the model fully no clip - I never noticed it colliding with anything, but you two are saying it does, so i'll work on that

It's getting late for me... I started my day at 4am, it's 90pm and I have to get up again at 4am for work...

I'll finish it tomorrow night - I'm off Friday too
Yes, when You're dropping weapon, while running, You can feel the box is colliding with You (my sv_turbophysics is set to "1") and usually it's thrown backwards.

Can't wait tomorrow ;]
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-15-2011 , 17:40   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #25

my brain hurts.. I've been working on this trying to solve this issue, but cannot figure out how to make the model always throw forward with enough velocity to go a little further than the thrown weapon

I might need help with this part from other scripters
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 17:57   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
my brain hurts.. I've been working on this trying to solve this issue, but cannot figure out how to make the model always throw forward with enough velocity to go a little further than the thrown weapon

I might need help with this part from other scripters
Hmmm. Maybe use the same method, as the one with player's feet spawning, but place it at the player's belt and move that spawn point alittle forward, so it will always bounce in front of the player?

EDIT:
I remember You were using some random throw code (in the previous version of this plugin) borrowed from someone else, so there's no way to convert it to simple straight throw?

Last edited by GrO; 12-15-2011 at 18:00.
away000
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 18:37   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #27

Maybe droping above playr model can fix this, will look little strange a "box" showing on u but will not clip on players ;D
Old 12-15-2011 , 19:23   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #28

well, I got the delayed ammo box creation done and tested it... it just looks like an easter egg ammo box pops out of the gun after n seconds... LoL
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 19:36   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
well, I got the delayed ammo box creation done and tested it... it just looks like an easter egg ammo box pops out of the gun after n seconds... LoL
Maybe do not allow timer longer, than 0.5 sec and don't make a Cvar related to it?

Last edited by GrO; 12-15-2011 at 19:37.
away000
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2011 , 19:58   Re: [CS:S] Ammo Pickup
Reply With Quote #30

TnT u can make the drop box drop more from one of the side or above the head of a player? If not u can make so model can be like the money? more smaller who i think will not stuck players with his clip...