Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe

Post New Thread Reply   

CosmicD
Old 05-14-2014 , 18:54   l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I have several servers on gameservers.com and since I updated the left 4 dead servers to the new steampipe model (as was announced in the update yesterday) I notice something annoying

On all my servers (except l4d2), sourcemod is no longer working. mm is working fine, returning a version but sourcemod isn't loading alongside.

Anyone else having that problem ?
Old 05-14-2014 , 19:23   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #2

I'm seeing the same issue with both 1.5.3 and the latest build of 1.6

Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/l4d/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.l4d.so: undefined symbol: GetCPUInformation).
elpronto
Old 05-15-2014 , 09:49   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #3

I agree with CosmicD and j883376,

MM is running fine but SM is not working on my Debian 7 64-Bit Server!!!

meta list:
Code:
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>
meta load sourcemod:
Code:
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/home/l4d1server/l4d1ds/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.l4d.so: undefined symbol: GetCPUInformation).
All my other servers are running fine...
CosmicD
Old 05-16-2014 , 15:22   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #4

Is there a new snapshot that I should try ? any ETA on a fix for this ? I ask because I just don't want to try snapshots because the linux version of the l4d1 server throws enough cold start problems already, either assertion failed GetBaseDir failed, or crashing when users connect,

So before I go trough all these hoops I would like to know if there's a solution that I can try.
Old 05-16-2014 , 16:15   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #5

I tried a few myself and none of them worked.

Last edited by Ellie; 05-16-2014 at 16:15.
Dominatez
Old 05-17-2014 , 05:22   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #6

L4d1 will not be looked at for a while it seems. It has a low playerbase (Not sure why as i see loads of people still playing it). I for one love it and wish the guys would dedicate some time to it, as the playerbase who play it wouldn't mind donating some money towards the work here at alliedmods (I will). I know Psychonic and the guys have a ton to do with valve pretty much screwing TF2, L4d1 and 2 and everything else that is Windows based.

So all i can say is we have to play a waiting game, and hope that the sourcemod team decide to prioritize us a little higher up the list if that's possible ?
CosmicD
Old 05-17-2014 , 05:28   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #7

I run 3 left 4 dead servers, I say to you, it might be not having a huge playerbase now, but the trolls that run rampant there rightnow are about 20-25% of those who actively play, sometimes in peak moments you just run into trolls each game you join, so I just provide a safe way to play this game because troughout the years i banned the whole lot of em. It's always the same perverts who ruin it for the rest. They stay in l4d1 because they know they aren't blocked on 90% of the servers. So they have the most bang for the buck how to speak.

I want to crucade against that because there's still people who want to have fun in this game. It might be an old game and I play both (1 and 2) regularly,

Lucky my banlist is still working though, but I did so much work on sourcebans recently that it's a bit silly that we already have to go almost a week without sourcemod on our servers.

And not only that, We are losing admin imunity and other advantages such as connect announce, glitch patches, engine patches, gameplay improvements and ways to counter new trolls effectively when they arrive, and admins need to quickly dispose of em

I do however understand that they need time and can't do everything at once. But I really hope it's not just a priority thing and they leave out l4d

Last edited by CosmicD; 05-17-2014 at 16:25.
IainMustardGas
Old 05-20-2014 , 09:26   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #8

I'm running Debian 7 64-bit as well and have the same error.

meta load sourcemod:

Quote:
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (/home/client5/service7/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.l4d.so: undefined symbol: GetCPUInformation)
The same happens whether i use older stable version of MM and SM, or the latest dev snapshots. It would be great if this could be fixed :-)
Old 05-20-2014 , 12:17   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #9

yes please psychonic fix it
IainMustardGas
Old 05-21-2014 , 05:45   Re: l4d1 Sourcemod not working after update to steampipe
Reply With Quote #10

I can confirm that Sourcemod now loads on L4D1 Linux Servers:

meta version:

Quote:
Metamod:Source version 1.11.0-dev
Build ID: 916:f280cbd99586-dev
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: May 20 2014
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/
sm version:
Quote:
SourceMod Version Information:
SourceMod Version: 1.6.0-dev+4375
SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.2, jit-x86 (build 1.6.0-dev+4375)
SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 6
Compiled on: May 20 2014 21:12:11
Build ID: 4375:84d071b4baea
http://www.sourcemod.net/
A big thank you to the AM team for fixing this :-)