[Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors

Post New Thread Reply   

Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 08-27-2014 , 14:53   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachai3 View Post
I think it is a wonderful plugin and worked flawlessly on my TF2 server up until the recent valve change.

And the author is posting here and already said he plans to update it..How do you figure its not looked after?
Still works flawlessly for me.
If it's not working on your server you probably didn't update Sourcemod properly.

Last edited by Sreaper; 08-27-2014 at 14:58.
Tike
Old 08-28-2014 , 11:13   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #862

Why is when I use my old config from Simple Chat Colors everybody has a white [Donator] tag and when I use the default or one with my name in it there's no tags at all? I've done what the config told me to do but nothings happening. Even the people with the tag [Admin] (in the SCC config) have a [Donator] tag.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2014 , 11:28   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #863

Post your config.
Old 08-28-2014 , 11:59   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tike View Post
Why is when I use my old config from Simple Chat Colors everybody has a white [Donator] tag and when I use the default or one with my name in it there's no tags at all? I've done what the config told me to do but nothings happening. Even the people with the tag [Admin] (in the SCC config) have a [Donator] tag.
Do you have the donator group at the top of your .cfg?
Tike
Old 08-29-2014 , 09:11   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachai3 View Post
Do you have the donator group at the top of your .cfg?
Apparently I live under a rock and just recently found out Valve changed all of your Steam ID's. I fixed it by now.

But I've got another question, how do groups work? I've made an admin group with only a tag and 3 colors and put my name somewhere (where I shouldn't have put it) but even if I put my ID at a wrong spot why is everyone else now (except me but that's because I understood the config wrong) an admin although they are not even in the config?
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 08-29-2014 , 11:09   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #866

Quote:
Apparently I live under a rock and just recently found out Valve changed all of your Steam ID's. I fixed it by now.

But I've got another question, how do groups work? I've made an admin group with only a tag and 3 colors and put my name somewhere (where I shouldn't have put it) but even if I put my ID at a wrong spot why is everyone else now (except me but that's because I understood the config wrong) an admin although they are not even in the config?
If a section doesn't have a flag defined and the section name isn't a Steam2 ID (STEAM_0:X:XXXXXX), it'll apply to everyone.
Old 08-29-2014 , 12:39   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #867

The latest update seems to have broken the configuration file as it only loads the first tag.

Last edited by The Unusual Gold; 08-12-2015 at 10:56. Reason: Spelling errors
Tike
Old 08-29-2014 , 14:08   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
If a section doesn't have a flag defined and the section name isn't a Steam2 ID (STEAM_0:X:XXXXXX), it'll apply to everyone.
So if I understand this correctly, it's impossible to have a group be applied to multiple Steam2 ID's and you have to make every tag individually for each person?
The Unusual Gold
Old 08-29-2014 , 16:12   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #869

Quote:
So if I understand this correctly, it's impossible to have a group be applied to multiple Steam2 ID's and you have to make every tag individually for each person?
I think that is correct, but don't take my word on it as I have no idea at all.

Last edited by The Unusual Gold; 08-12-2015 at 10:54. Reason: Spelling errors.
Malachai3
Old 08-29-2014 , 19:35   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #870

Quote:

Set up your group like this:
"admin_colors"
{

"GroupNameHere"
{
"flag" "t"
"tag" "[TagName] "
"tagcolor" "#FF3399"
"namecolor" "#FF3399"
"textcolor" "#FF3399"
}

}

Then any SteamID's in the admins_simple.ini with the "t" flag should be applied to that group. I have not been able to add new groups/Id's to my .cfg since the latest update though. It seems as though I am the only one with this issue so I am not sure what is causing the interference.

Last edited by Malachai3; 08-29-2014 at 19:37.