Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Pause

Post New Thread Reply   

n3wton
Old 06-17-2011 , 08:07   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #11

Sorry for the delay in reply... been busy at uni...

I've been looking into adding music allot... and bassically you can, but you can't stop it very easilly... plus stopping all other sounds (e.g. spit sounds) is needed

I was thinking maybe add it so in the .cfg put a weblink to some audio, and make the MOTD play the sounds... but thats abit of a shit way

Yours
N3wton
n3wton
Old 06-19-2011 , 06:50   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #12

Ok, added a radio player.

It plays in a hidden MOTD. download the .zip for info on using.

Radio is disabled my default.

also added code to stop some of the sounds in l4d2 before it pauses, so all soundscapes should shutup, still looking to find away to stop ambient entity noises.

Yours
N3wton
mechanicalpoultry
Old 01-17-2012 , 19:28   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #13

i don't know what i am doing wrong here. i have installed your plug in, but when i pause the game in no mercy on the sewer level and try to start the lift, the lift will not start. if i do not pause the game previous to the lift, it starts fine. i am unsure if this happens for other events, but it is consistent with this particular one. has anyone else experienced this? heeelllp
Blackwolf1204
Old 02-17-2012 , 19:03   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #14

Yes we are having the same problem. I too only notice this during the lift in No Mercy. Im thinking a new steam update has broken this mod as I had this issue in the past as well but then installed the newest version of this mod which took care of this issue. looks like the issue is back.
Blackwolf1204
Old 03-19-2012 , 19:56   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #15

Any chance this mod will be worked on? Im very grateful for the work put into it and understand the busy life you must lead. But if I know this mod is dead I may just remove it from my server. Were finding many instances where if the pause mod is used in game either an event wont start upon unpausing the game or what happend to us last night was it prevented the 2nd teams tank from spawning at the end our game. I see there is another Pause mod avail but its quite old and I think last worked on in 2009-2010 and I recall using that mod before only to have to pass on it due to the same issues. We love this mod and I think Valve should be implementing it by default so would hate to have to remove it. Thanks in advance.
TheDanner
Old 03-28-2012 , 19:24   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #16

This seemed to fix the "events not starting" issue for me, though I haven't tested it other than "it seems to work, the event starts after pausing and unpausing". I only tried it on Dead Center 1.

The only change I made was in PauseUnfreeze(), I replaced where it says "FL_ONGROUND" with "g_iFlags[i]", on the last line of the function (line 269 in v1.1.0).
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source ([L4D2] Pause.sp - 334 views - 17.6 KB)

Last edited by TheDanner; 03-28-2012 at 19:25.
Blackwolf1204
Old 06-07-2012 , 17:26   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks for doing this. Ive installed it and will let you know how it goes.
BanditBBS
Old 07-08-2012 , 21:30   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #18

Ok, maybe I'm being an idiot here, had this working on an old server, but can't get it working on a new server I just rented.

As admin I can use forcepause and it says it is paused, but everyone can still move around. If anyone besides me does a !pause, it responds with "You do not have access to this command" but then someone else on te other team does it, it again pauses the game, but not really as everyone can move around. It is changing alltalk like it should.
BanditBBS
Old 07-08-2012 , 21:37   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #19

How about I dont be an idiot and actually respond to the correct thread, was trying the older one...will try this one now...
BanditBBS
Old 07-08-2012 , 21:44   Re: [L4D2] Pause
Reply With Quote #20

Ok, now that I tested this, it is pausing my server. However, I have 2 issues, first one doesn't seem to matter though

1.) When a none admin types !pause they still receive "sm you do not have access to this command" but it still functions
2.) When unpausing, All-Talk was not turned back off.