Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Need help finding addons folder on LINUX

Post New Thread Reply   

SergeantSeven
Old 01-18-2016 , 03:35   Need help finding addons folder on LINUX
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I've been searching for hours on google and the official wiki. But I can seem to find what i need.
I want to install plugins on my personally hosted dedicated servers. But I can't find the addons folder for any of my games.

Info
I am running ubuntu server 64 bit, using LinuxGameServerManager to run SteamCMD, I have two users set up right now. one for CSGOSERVER and another for TF2SERVER. Everything runs well, I am hosting workshop maps as well. but I want more obviously.

Everywhere i look the install involves finding the \addons\ folder for that instance. But i can't find it anywhere in my servers directories. they don't seem to exist. I am getting very very upset. I want to punch something. Everywhere i look, the instructions for installing only describe the directory as being on a C drive in a windows environment. NOT ON A LINUX ENVIRONMENT. WTF.

So if someone could please give me the directory for the addons folder that would be great, thanks! I appreciate your time and help!
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-18-2016 , 05:00   Re: Need help finding addons folder on LINUX
Reply With Quote #2

The addons directory does not exist by default.

Find the folder that contains srcds_linux, in there is the gamedir ("tf" for TF2), addons goes in there.
Old 01-19-2016 , 20:23   Re: Need help finding addons folder on LINUX
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The addons directory does not exist by default.

Find the folder that contains srcds_linux, in there is the gamedir ("tf" for TF2), addons goes in there.
Thank you very much. I was getting really mad that there was no implicit instructions on the web for SteamCMD on linux owners.

I will try this out and report back what i find.