Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP

Post New Thread Reply   

QwertyCody
Old 07-28-2013 , 17:28   [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #1

Good Afternoon Developers of Sourcemod!

Today I am here to bring forth a paying job to anyone who is interested in doing work for me in Sourcemod. With that in mind, please do pardon my lack of participation on this forum from what my profile suggests. This is in no way a scam or fraud attempt either, but let me just go ahead and put the offer.

I am putting a offer out for a rework of Half-Life 2: Roleplay (Which is based off Eassides/Nicks/wmchris/pinkfaire) to be programmed with SQL Capability in mind.

I am interested in seeing this Mod reprogrammed due to the fact that the current version has stability issues all across the board. With that in mind I feel that with SQL compatibility, there will be a point where Server Administrators will have significantly less upkeep to do on their Active Servers when and IF the mod corrupts the data.

As it is well known Roleplay right now has severe stability problems when the key values file becomes too large and as a long time server owner in the community, I am to the point where I am completely fed up with it.

Basically my offer is this.

If a programmer were to rescript this and kill these bugs along with addition of SQL capability you will be compensated financially based on what you feel the job is worth. In exchange we will swap correspondence and I will personally pay you for your work.

My starting offer for this work is set at $75.00 USD and can be adjusted based on your personal insights and/or grievances. I will go higher, not lower.

I want this mod working flawlessly and with the features in current builds of Roleplay.

Too clarify for legal purposes, you will be paid for the conversion of the mod to SQL. Not for the features of the other mods because obviously the work is already done but to take money for their work is different as opposed to the task I am asking.

Your Requirements are to show me a STABLE and 100% Working re-work of the mod within your server, a test server, and proof via netstat/ect. that you are in fact using a SQL server for the mod.

When this is seen you will be paid in full as soon as the work is verified. Your method of payment will be Paypal to prevent Fraud on both ends.

Anyone who is interested may contact me on this forum or any of the listed communications.

[email protected] - 1-818-293-8249 - http://www.voyagersclan.com - qwertycody (Steam)

I am here to talk business with people who are interested and I mean business. If you are interested and up for this task you will be taken seriously.

The person who provides that they have finished this mod or is legitimately commited to finishing it will be the one I end up paying easy enough. If you wish to work with a team I will divvy out the money in that sense as well.

Either way, I want this mod finished and I am here today talking 100% Legitimate Business. If you are interested inquire below or at the listed contacts.

Thanks everyone and Have a Wonderful Day!

Very Respectfully,

Cody Garrett
Cool Pig B)
Old 07-28-2013 , 19:08   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #2

$75 = epic lowballing
Good Little Panda
Old 07-28-2013 , 19:11   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #3

Afraid he's right. Seeing. The state of existing mods and the features they require, 2x that would be a good starting point, at a minimum, for just converting. Cleanimg/optimizing would easily be 3x.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 07-28-2013 at 19:12.
QwertyCody
Old 07-28-2013 , 19:16   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #4

This is why in the post I stated that the price can be adjusted. If you are a programmer who wants to do this work and be paid tell me your asking price and I will work with you on a deal.

I only gave a price off the top of my head, I have no idea what the work is actually worth.

Just let me know what you want to be paid and you will have it.
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2013 , 19:17   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #5

Gotta love the comments I'm seeing in that.
PHP Code:
//Create NPC:
public Action:CommandCreateNPC(ClientArgs)
{

//Error:

if(Args 3)
    {

//Print:

PrintToConsole(Client"[RP] Usage: rp_createnpc <id> <NPC> <type> <opt model>");

//Return:

return Plugin_Handled;
    }

//Declare:

decl Handle:Vault;

decl String:Buffers[7][32];

decl Float:Origin[3], Float:Angles[3];

decl String:SaveBuffer[255], String:NPCId[255];

//Initialize:

GetCmdArg(1NPCId32);

GetCmdArg(2Buffers[0], 32);

GetCmdArg(3Buffers[6], 32);

GetCmdArg(4Buffers[5], 32);

GetClientAbsOrigin(ClientOrigin);

GetClientAbsAngles(ClientAngles);

IntToString(RoundFloat(Origin[0]), Buffers[1], 32);

IntToString(RoundFloat(Origin[1]), Buffers[2], 32);

IntToString(RoundFloat(Origin[2]), Buffers[3], 32);

IntToString(RoundFloat(Angles[1]), Buffers[4], 32);

//Implode:

ImplodeStrings(Buffers6" "SaveBuffer255);

//Vault:

Vault CreateKeyValues("Vault");

//Retrieve:

FileToKeyValues(VaultNPCPath);

//Save:

SaveString(VaultBuffers[6], NPCIdSaveBuffer);

//Store:

KeyValuesToFile(VaultNPCPath);

//Print:

PrintToConsole(Client"[RP] Added NPC %s, npc_%s <%s, %s, %s> YAxis: %s"NPCIdBuffers[0], Buffers[1], Buffers[2], Buffers[3], Buffers[4]);

PrintToConsole(Client"[RP] Changes will take effect after map restart");

//Close:

CloseHandle(Vault);

//Return:

return Plugin_Handled;

Comments that add nothing but additional lines <3
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 19:52   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #6

When you're considering what a request will likely cost (from a reputable developer) you should probably consider what programmers are paid, and wager it against an educated estimate on the time it would take to develop it. Most of the people taking private requests here also do it in their spare time, so it's a premium expense. Also, for the sake of legality, and the filing of w2's for income earnings, you may want to share your full address.

Last edited by Skyy; 07-28-2013 at 19:53.
QwertyCody
Old 07-28-2013 , 20:01   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #7

Speculation is speculation.

This is why the floor is open for possible deals. I already know how much time and effort goes into programming because I am a programmer myself going through college courses. However, at this point my schedule is much to busy and this is why I am contracting anyone who is particularly interested.

That being said, I already understand the way the world works as far as talking about dealings with income. However, I appreciate the gentle reminder anyways Skyy.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 20:13   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #8

It was a joke about not sharing your information too publicly! You never know, some crazy person talking contract killings might text you!

Last edited by Skyy; 07-28-2013 at 20:14.
QwertyCody
Old 07-28-2013 , 20:28   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #9

No Kidding!

Other: Shawn, meet me at orchard park later tonight and we will set up the hit. Robert wont know what hit him. Todays the big pay day. I can feel it. 7:00 PM
Me: Who is this? 7:05 PM
Other: Shawn. I have to go soon. Grab the phone i left outside your apartment, in the spot "behind the bridge" dont fuck this up or youll be next 7:06 PM
Me: Bruh, this isn't your man Shawn. But best of luck with your whatever crazy ass thing you are planning tonight! ;D (wrong numbuh) 7:07 PM
Other: This isnt shawn? Im going to fucking kill his daughter for this. 7:08 PM
Other: Also, if you want a programmer, my name is imdawe on the forum. Please pm me. 7:08 PM
Me: lmao kthx 7:08 PM
Me: LOL NICE! That's a hell of a way to introduce yourself. 7:09 PM
Other: I like to make people laugh 7:09 PM
Other: Seriously. Im not imdawe. I just texted to let you know that someone reposted your thread on 4chan.

Last edited by asherkin; 07-29-2013 at 10:55. Reason: Removed phone number.
Send a message via Yahoo to QwertyCody Send a message via Skype™ to QwertyCody
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 23:50   Re: [Paying Job] ReCode of HL2DM RP
Reply With Quote #10

holy shit. that actually happened? o.O