Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

$$ Zombie off shoot required $$

Post New Thread Reply   

F Kruger
Old 04-26-2012 , 14:57   $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #1

Has anyone got the time and skills to make a private zombie mod “off shoot”.
We require someone with proven experience and confident with coding in zombie sounds, zombie effects zombie skins and then our zombie game play, pretty much all the things that make a zombie plugin “zombie like”.
The plugin and game play of what we want built, is quite different to any zombie server currently made, so alot of this plugin will have to be written from scratch, you might get away with using Zombie Reloaded as a base.
There are more details to this plugin that we have well documented, which we will keep private till we find our modder.
We require upfront cost based on the full details and specs provided. We expect changes to the design before and during the build may be necessary based on feedback from the chosen modder.
We will happily let you decide the price for the plugin, we will happily pay agreed completion payments along the way as you prove working parts and we will happily make first good will payment.

Anyone interested please feel free to PM me.

EDIT: sounds and models do not have to be made, I can supply any additional event sounds and we will be using the current zombie models.

PS. We are not in a huge rush, so if you are tight for time but still want to do this as a side project we could still work with you.
We hope for a finished mod within 1 month.

Last edited by F Kruger; 04-27-2012 at 01:14.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 04-26-2012 , 16:39   Re: $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #2

if you want to find someone, share more details
Old 04-26-2012 , 18:53   Re: $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
if you want to find someone, share more details

Hey Zephyrus.

As stated. We require someone with proven experience and confident with coding in zombie sounds, zombie effects zombie skins and then our zombie game play, pretty much all the things that make a zombie plugin “zombie like”.

Additional info as requested.

The majority of what we will require is hooks to events when someone becomes a zombie, how long they will stay a zombie, how to become uninfected, enforcing ratios of zombies to players based on number of players in the server, the ability to add custom event sounds via a cfg.
Hope you appreciate this is as much info as I can give publicly. (There is quite a bit more to this mod)

If you think you are this someone and have the time PM me if your interested, and I’ll have a look at your past mods. If you fit the criteria we will supply more details to you.

Cheers mate.

Last edited by F Kruger; 04-26-2012 at 19:21.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2012 , 22:47   Re: $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #4

a lot of that stuff can be added on to zombie reloaded using its API in an addon plugin... that's if you're using ZR as a base and not wanting to start a zombie plugin/mod from scratch
Old 04-26-2012 , 23:26   Re: $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
a lot of that stuff can be added on to zombie reloaded using its API in an addon plugin... that's if you're using ZR as a base and not wanting to start a zombie plugin/mod from scratch
Thanks TnTSCS

I just went through the cfg

You are right, it could be a great base. It is a great starting point for the interested person, might knock out alot of work I thought the modder would have had to write.
We still will require heavy changes and new code aswell.

PM me if interested
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 04-27-2012 , 00:18   Re: $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #6

im not sure if i get you completley, but if you are looking for ONE person who will create sounds, design models and writes the code as well, you probably wont find any...
Old 04-27-2012 , 00:41   Re: $$ Zombie off shoot required $$
Reply With Quote #7

Sorry if I was a bit confusing.

The models and sounds will be the same as the current zombie, so will not have to be remade.

In a nut shell what we require is a change to the zombie game play.

The only sound changes are additions, the additional sounds are for some events that do not currently exist, for an example: when a zombie becomes uninfected. Instead of bugging the modder in future with sound changes, we would like the additional event sounds in a cfg so we can change them as we please.

I will supply the extra sounds and a list of the events that we require first off, so making sounds and models is no concern to the modder.

The game play that we require is so different that I'm not entirely sure how much of the Original plugin the modder would want to use, I suspect that they would want to use the sounds, models, and some very key parts.
Sorry I am no coder myself so I don't want to tell anyone the best way to go about making the changes to the game play. If it has to be rebuilt we accept this is a possibility.

Note: Thanks Zephyrus. I have edited the OP to make this clear

Last edited by F Kruger; 04-27-2012 at 01:09.