Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ][COMM][TF2] Cmd to toggle PASS Time passing ability

Post New Thread Reply   

blakeplusplus
Old 02-07-2024 , 22:23   [REQ][COMM][TF2] Cmd to toggle PASS Time passing ability
Reply With Quote #1

Willing to pay. Budget of $20. Requires DHooks, probably. I just don't know how to use it.

Concept:
Command sm_pt_focus

If the client has the ball and uses this command, they cannot pass by locking on to teammates.
If the client uses the command again without throwing the ball, they can lock onto teammates again.
If they throw the ball, they can lock onto teammates again.
There will be ShowHudText that shows that the sm_pt_focus is enabled. When it is disabled, it does not appear.

In other words, a command that when toggled by the player who has the ball, prevents "m_hPasstimePassTarget" from ever being any player. This would be undone whenever the ball is thrown (which I should be able to do easily via game events) or if the player with the ball runs the command again.

Basic functionality script using SDKHook

Possibly proper DHooks gamedata (thanks Bakugo)

Re: DHooks: people much smarter than me that I've asked about the issue tell me that one will likely need to detour "CPasstimeGun::BValidPassTarget".
Also, bonus points/money if you can keep it all in one SP file (no separate gamedata file usage).

++--++--++
GitHub
Discord
Steam

Last edited by blakeplusplus; 02-10-2024 at 12:33. Reason: Nested spoiler wrong