12% 

[ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 20:16   [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #1

What it does
This plugin opens an ad on a client using their MOTD browser multiple times a minute without ever showing the MOTD page. This should work with any source games that supports the MOTD. Plus it does not interfere with other services such as Pinion that display ads upon joining the server so you can use both.

Ad network
Got traffic? Great, sign up now and hand it over! We pay good money for your traffic based on its quality and the volume you can send. No matter how high or low the quality is, our system measures it and you will get paid accordingly.

Send it all... Pop-ups, pop-unders, blind clicks, re-directs, arbitrage, remnant traffic, and whatever else you have - just try sending it!.

-No minimum traffic limit
-$5 Minimum payout twice monthly on the 15th and 30th automatically by Paypal/Alertpay
-International members are welcome

Requirements
An account with the ad network is required and you can sign
up HERE

Installation
  • Copy Traffic-Cash.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins
Configuration
  • Add the following cvar as well as your ad network username to server.cfg
  • sm_ad_url "http://www.ptp22.com/seo.php?username=YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE&format=p tp"
Notes
Has been tested with TF2 but should work with other mods.

Changelog
Quote:
2013-03-26 ( v0.4 )
* Initial release.

2013-03-28 ( v0.5 )
* Popup blocking code added

2013-03-29 ( v0.6 )
* Media blocking code added

2013-04-03 ( v0.8 )
* Included Fearts code to fix !bp/!motd/!radio

2013-05-23 ( v0.8.2 )
* Fixed minor errors in logs / Modified popup blocking
* Changed timing

2013-06-11 ( v0.8.3 )
* Simplified a lot of the code
* Changed popup code timing to just 0.5 seconds now

2013-07-07 ( v0.8.4 )
* Removed the popup timing code to comply with minimum view time
* Changed the ad timing to 8 seconds - minimum view time

2013-07-10 ( v0.8.5 )
* Fixed error that was randomly preventing ad views

Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Traffic-Cash.sp - 1268 views - 15.3 KB)

Last edited by DeathMaster; 10-15-2013 at 11:46.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 03-26-2013 , 20:30   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #2

OP advertises his own referral id
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:12   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #3

I been using it for 3 days and I haven't received any complain from players. Its a good way to survive without pinion and I don't mind if the OP advertise his own id.
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:14   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #4

Do they hear the sound in the background from the ads?
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:20   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgaming View Post
Do they hear the sound in the background from the ads?
So far so good, the sounds issue seems to have been resolved. If anyone notices anything let me know.

Last edited by DeathMaster; 07-03-2013 at 15:13.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:48   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #6

I don't see where the plugin is even needed... I stuck the ptp22.com link for the username I signed up with to test this a week ago in my MOTD.txt and it opened it up just fine but the sounds were still playing in the background on people over and over.

here is the site - http://www.paid-to-promote.net/

no affiliate or any referral id just straight to it so you can sign up on your own vs going thru that tf2swapshop which when you use their link to go to paid-to-promote you are using their referral code too.

But again - the sounds keep on playing in the background - I've yet to find a way to stop it without clicking the video to pause it.

Be a great alternative if you could keep the damn sounds from playing and whatever soon as you click continue.

Last edited by Horsedick; 03-26-2013 at 21:48.
hsulace
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:48   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #7

What is the payout you're seeing so far? Asking because I'm wondering if I will be able to even get the $100. I have two l4d2 servers, four slots each. Regardless I'll probably try it anyways, but pretty much just wondering.
loranger
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:51   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsulace View Post
What is the payout you're seeing so far? Asking because I'm wondering if I will be able to even get the $100. I have two l4d2 servers, four slots each. Regardless I'll probably try it anyways, but pretty much just wondering.
~doing 15$ per day with 10 popular servers

@ Horsedick

Using the plugin fixed that issue for me and using his referal link is a nice way to say thank you.

Last edited by loranger; 03-26-2013 at 21:55.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:52   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I don't see where the plugin is even needed... I stuck the ptp22.com link for the username I signed up with to test this a week ago in my MOTD.txt and it opened it up just fine but the sounds were still playing in the background on people over and over.

here is the site - http://www.paid-to-promote.net/

no affiliate or any referral id just straight to it so you can sign up on your own vs going thru that tf2swapshop which when you use their link to go to paid-to-promote you are using their referral code too.

But again - the sounds keep on playing in the background - I've yet to find a way to stop it without clicking the video to pause it.

Be a great alternative if you could keep the damn sounds from playing and whatever soon as you click continue.
Ill quote the OP for you

"What it does
This plugin opens an ad on a client using their MOTD browser multiple times a minute without ever showing the MOTD page. This should work with any source games that supports the MOTD. Plus it does not interfere with other services such as Pinion that display ads upon joining the server so you can use both."

Simply putting the url in your motd will only get you 1 hit when you can be getting multiple hits over and over. That is exactly what this plugin provides. Also there is no sounds when using this plugin. That issue has been resolved. Something you can't prevent when simply just using the MOTD directly.

Last edited by DeathMaster; 03-26-2013 at 22:02.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2013 , 21:57   Re: [ANY] Traffic to Cash Advertisements
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
Ill quote the OP for you

"What it does
This plugin opens an ad on a client using their MOTD browser multiple times a minute without ever showing the MOTD page. This should work with any source games that supports the MOTD. Plus it does not interfere with other services such as Pinion that display ads upon joining the server so you can use both."

Simply putting the url in your motd will only get you 1 hit when you can be getting multiple hits over and over. That is exactly what this plugin provides.

Well I'll test it again - I'm open to suggestions but even with the plugin and the link hard coded in the source code and recompiled it kept on playing the sound but we shall see.