Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Portal2] Decompile/Recompile workshop maps

Post New Thread Reply   

ProjectResearch
Old 10-14-2018 , 22:54   [Portal2] Decompile/Recompile workshop maps
Reply With Quote #1

Hello! I’m in need of a solution. Would be really glad if I could get some help on this, even though I know of the problems with publishing decompiled maps…

Here’s my situation: I’m a Researcher. I and my team used Portal 2’s map editor to adapt some experiments and collect data, and now we need to publish the maps we used to our readers.

Due to some problems with the accounts and the researcher’s own faults, some of the maps were published in the “For Friends Only” visibility mode on the Steam Workshop. As is the case, I cannot include any of these maps in any public collections – and as you know, I need a public collection for our readers to access. The public visibility mode cannot be set up from our steam's account.

The solution I had so far was to decompile our maps and publish them in “For Everyone” mode. But with all the recompiling errors I’ve seen, I’m not sure that’s possible anymore =(

If you are willing to help, I can send you some more info and screenshots, so you can be sure that I’m not publishing someone else’s maps. PLEASE, contact me on [email protected]

Thanks you very much!
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2018 , 23:21   Re: [Portal2] Decompile/Recompile workshop maps
Reply With Quote #2

Why would you need to decompile and recompile? If you have the maps, you have them in their entirety, simply upload them again to workshop. Also, why haven't you or your team simply logged into the account that uploaded the maps and change the visibility.
ProjectResearch
Old 10-14-2018 , 23:44   Re: [Portal2] Decompile/Recompile workshop maps
Reply With Quote #3

The hole project is divided in 6 steam accounts. The guys that made this mess formated their PCs, and the original map files don't exist anymore (can't republish through Portal 2 app).
Considering we have many accounts in the project, supose that account "A" made the collection, but the "for friends only" maps were made by acconut "B". The "for frieds only" B's maps can't be published in an A's public collection even though A and B are steam friends, and A subscribed B's maps...