Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]

Post New Thread Reply   

jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2018 , 12:53   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #71

I've played all of the L4D2 campaigns, The Passing, Cold Stream with no issues there but unless there is something I may be overlooking, on all of the L4D1 campaigns save for Cold Stream & The Passing, The Sacrifice and the rest, I'm getting 2 Zoeys and 2 Francis, next time 2 Bills, 2 of someone else and so on, so what's going on with this? Forgive me but I must ask, wasn't this thoroughly tested with these before release? I also tested on a server with just SM/ MM and plugins listed in the OP, with all updated Downtown2, Defib fixes etc. and this issue still persists. I never had this issue back a year or two when I was using DeathChaos's version of All8Survivors with chat select, Fake Zoey, CSM fix, etc.

Summary, most of the L4D1 Campaigns do not work and the few that do are listed below, all L4D2 campaigns work as they should:

The Passing
Cold Stream

Hope this gets fixed soon...

Last edited by jking; 08-12-2018 at 16:26.
Edison1318
Old 08-13-2018 , 03:06   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
I've played all of the L4D2 campaigns, The Passing, Cold Stream with no issues there but unless there is something I may be overlooking, on all of the L4D1 campaigns save for Cold Stream & The Passing, The Sacrifice and the rest, I'm getting 2 Zoeys and 2 Francis, next time 2 Bills, 2 of someone else and so on, so what's going on with this? Forgive me but I must ask, wasn't this thoroughly tested with these before release? I also tested on a server with just SM/ MM and plugins listed in the OP, with all updated Downtown2, Defib fixes etc. and this issue still persists. I never had this issue back a year or two when I was using DeathChaos's version of All8Survivors with chat select, Fake Zoey, CSM fix, etc.

Summary, most of the L4D1 Campaigns do not work and the few that do are listed below, all L4D2 campaigns work as they should:

The Passing
Cold Stream

These 2 l4d2 campaigns only? What about Dead Center, Dark Carnival and the other 3 l4d2 campaigns? And also you were complaining about getting duplicated of l4d1 survivors while playing l4d1 campaigns right? Or are you trying to say that their icons, names, and the voices are l4d1 survivors?
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2018 , 08:04   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:

The Passing
Cold Stream

This may help you?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=309601

Commission me for L4D
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-13-2018 , 10:44   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison1318 View Post
These 2 l4d2 campaigns only? What about Dead Center, Dark Carnival and the other 3 l4d2 campaigns? And also you were complaining about getting duplicated of l4d1 survivors while playing l4d1 campaigns right? Or are you trying to say that their icons, names, and the voices are l4d1 survivors?
My mistake Edison, all L4D2 camps are fine, I was thinking that those two were L4D1. The Sacrifice is fine too oddly enough but the rest of them don't work for me. Also, I was experiencing duplicate names and characters, I believe voices too, but I'll check on that again for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Lux, I have yet to try that but I will and will report back.

Last edited by jking; 08-13-2018 at 10:47.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-16-2018 , 10:52   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #75

Just so I'm clear, the 8playerstalkerfix is a server side only? I have to admit I get confused at times which applies to server and client or both. Maps of course have to be in both /addons folders. I only run a single player (for now) dedicated server for my own testing and I occasionally get conflicts between workshop mods and such.

Last edited by jking; 08-16-2018 at 11:21.
Iizuka07
Old 08-17-2018 , 23:56   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #76

I'm kinda confused. I know the description of forceset is (DO NOTE THE L4D2 SURVIVORS ICONS AND ARMS WILL NOT WORK) but it seems its not a problem with me when I play on L4D1 campaigns which is nice because at first it didn't work and suddenly I forgot what I did to this and make it work. I can finally switch to any survivor I want. my current character is nick btw and the second one is francis.

https://imgur.com/a/zYeX2zj
https://imgur.com/a/qC1YYK0

Last edited by Iizuka07; 08-18-2018 at 00:20.
Edison1318
Old 08-19-2018 , 11:48   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iizuka07 View Post
I'm kinda confused. I know the description of forceset is (DO NOTE THE L4D2 SURVIVORS ICONS AND ARMS WILL NOT WORK) but it seems its not a problem with me when I play on L4D1 campaigns which is nice because at first it didn't work and suddenly I forgot what I did to this and make it work. I can finally switch to any survivor I want. my current character is nick btw and the second one is francis.

https://imgur.com/a/zYeX2zj
https://imgur.com/a/qC1YYK0
Did you change survivor_set to 2 in your l4d1 missions? Cause that's the only we can change l4d2 survivor's arms and icon.

Last edited by Edison1318; 08-19-2018 at 11:49.
Send a message via Skype™ to Edison1318
Edison1318
Old 08-19-2018 , 11:49   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Just so I'm clear, the 8playerstalkerfix is a server side only? I have to admit I get confused at times which applies to server and client or both. Maps of course have to be in both /addons folders. I only run a single player (for now) dedicated server for my own testing and I occasionally get conflicts between workshop mods and such.
It's for server if i'm not wrong.
Iizuka07
Old 08-19-2018 , 12:42   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Did you change survivor_set to 2 in your l4d1 missions? Cause that's the only we can change l4d2 survivor's arms and icon.
Nope I haven't changed anything in the config besides 8 survivors .. what I have realized is that when I'm on a custom l4d2 campaign with l4d1 survivors it just duplicates tho ... It doesn't duplicate when doing normal campaigns

Ex:

Dark Woods (Custom Campaign) - Duplicates Characters, Icons, Hands
No Mercy (Normal Campaign) - No Problem like in the screenshot I added
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2018 , 17:11   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [8/7/2018]
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
It's for server if i'm not wrong.
That's what I figured, ty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iizuka07 View Post
Nope I haven't changed anything in the config besides 8 survivors .. what I have realized is that when I'm on a custom l4d2 campaign with l4d1 survivors it just duplicates tho ... It doesn't duplicate when doing normal campaigns

Ex:

Dark Woods (Custom Campaign) - Duplicates Characters, Icons, Hands
No Mercy (Normal Campaign) - No Problem like in the screenshot I added
In a nutshell, use everything in this thread's first post except #11 (Survivor Identity Fix), forceset and The Passing CSM Fix and instead follow Lux's Character Manager thread, using the l4d2_survivorset 2.vpk that's contained within the "Optional_stuff.7z" file thats in the OP of his thread along with the Character Manager itself. I had the exact same issues and it solved it straight up.

Last edited by jking; 08-21-2018 at 17:55.