Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Jockey racing v1.0.8(+ 4 player mode)

Post New Thread Reply   

Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:23   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
Your cvars are confusing me here 0_o

Shouldn't it be

Gamemode_Jockey_racing_on = CreateConVar("Gamemode_jockey_racing","1", "Is Jockey racing on", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);

?

By the way, gamemode_jockey_racing_on works for me
Hm from other plugins i found some of them had your layout others didn't but if it makes a big difference, i can change it also please tell me more about the common infected spawning as ive never had that before .
Searcher64
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:28   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #22

Well, when your in safe room sometimes and the safe room door automatically opens (MAGIC! :O), the infected spawn and rush into the safe room, including the special infected also (smoker, boomer, spitter, etc.) unless you type !raceon, all special infected are removed except jockeys but the common infected are still there

By the way, I meant in your first post. You wrote 2 different cvars for the first cvar line in your first post, to explain what the cvars are.
Quote:
Jockey_racing_on = CreateConVar("Gamemode_jockey_racing","1", "Is Jockey racing on", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);
I thought the cvar was Jockey_racing_on, not gamemode_jockey_racing
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:34   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
Well, when your in safe room sometimes and the safe room door automatically opens (MAGIC! :O), the infected spawn and rush into the safe room, including the special infected also (smoker, boomer, spitter, etc.) unless you type !raceon, all special infected are removed except jockeys but the common infected are still there

By the way, I meant in your first post. You wrote 2 different cvars for the first cvar line in your first post, to explain what the cvars are.

I thought the cvar was Jockey_racing_on, not gamemode_jockey_racing
ok fair enough im gonna try a slightly different approach to getting rid of the infected and il also change that cvar, thanks
Searcher64
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:50   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #24

Another problem, the survivors can't seem to get off the survivors....they constantly press mouse2 (I think) and they still can't get off me for some reason 0_o

Idea! It should also automatically make mp_gamemode versus on map start or plugin start, and if it's any other mode besides versus, then it should disable plugin and show that it's incompatible

Last edited by Searcher64; 07-25-2010 at 23:02.
Abaddown
Old 07-25-2010 , 23:12   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleepster99 View Post
I see what you are saying and i did think about (and still may do) implementing a campaign mode, i dont think it would be very complicated altogether.About the bots moving towards the safehouse im not sure that is possible with the AI system, but i definately cant do it myself.
A way around the ai system would be to use
PHP Code:
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_min 0
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_max 0 
This would give the human full control and i could maybe also add the jockey jump(using a human) but tbh if the human is the one making all the movements then i don't think people would enjoy it much, although it would be easier to get players. About the jumping all im using is dietasee's jockey jump plugin, dismount is from thraka's "infected release"
It works with racemod and infected bots if you do some adjustments. The bots will close the door. Racemod will freeze the players on a timer for slow loaders. And AtomicStykers survivor ai trigger fixeswill button push for you. Defining teams you have done well with. And it looks like your scoring system works well too. Teleport is an improvement as well. I left commons and take very light damage so you can get incapped if you don't dismount and let the bot heal. Plus the ai will shoot at you so you have to work at mounting them and other jockeys steering your survivor out of the race. Just a few ideas that can work. I have the survivors as bots and the human players are jockeys.
SyluxLockjaw100
Old 07-25-2010 , 23:43   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #26

One more thing,you should use Stripper:Source so you can remove the doors during racing....etc
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 23:53   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyluxLockjaw100 View Post
One more thing,you should use Stripper:Source so you can remove the doors during racing....etc
Doors are removed as it is , if you see any doors please let me know
Fleepster99
Old 07-26-2010 , 00:26   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #28

Okay guys version 1.0.3 is out with a few fixes please let me know if your still gettting commons and SI in the saferoom(explain if possible), as well as any errors ;) thanks for the advice Searcher

ALSO make sure you delete your old .cfg

Last edited by Fleepster99; 07-26-2010 at 01:24. Reason: cfg
Fleepster99
Old 07-26-2010 , 00:38   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddown View Post
It works with racemod and infected bots if you do some adjustments. The bots will close the door. Racemod will freeze the players on a timer for slow loaders. And AtomicStykers survivor ai trigger fixeswill button push for you. Defining teams you have done well with. And it looks like your scoring system works well too. Teleport is an improvement as well. I left commons and take very light damage so you can get incapped if you don't dismount and let the bot heal. Plus the ai will shoot at you so you have to work at mounting them and other jockeys steering your survivor out of the race. Just a few ideas that can work. I have the survivors as bots and the human players are jockeys.
Some good ideas there, i may implement some of those on a few versions ahead once this is stable, the fact that the bots can trigger events on their own will make things alot easier .
hailtothegames
Old 07-26-2010 , 07:08   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #30

you need to do like race mod did keep track of whos 1st,2ed,3ed,4th and add a point system to it, because some one will lie and say thay won in a close game over 4 maps

race mod http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1165358