Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!

Post New Thread Reply   

xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2015 , 14:02   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADoW NiNE TR3S View Post
Even after I even explained that Saxton's model has the kart animation and party trick replaced with a custom one too he still didn't get it.
He's a very, very slow fellow

On a related note, only the uppercut animation works anymore, I can't produce any of the animations now matter how many times I try, flaming fists doesn't appear either sometimes

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 08-13-2015 at 14:04.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2016 , 15:57   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #152

I replaced the kart dash condition with a grapple hook condition (I think it was the landing one) (thanks to FlaminSarge for telling me about it). It plays a punch very similar to lunge's custom animation, except this one still works and is more consistent.

The only thing left is to fix the slam animation, I dunno if Sarysa ever looked into that or if anyone else has any ideas for fixing it.

Some peeps I know made a boss using slam but they can't figure out how to get party trick to work... and then I have no idea if they tried my other suggestions (make the boss base class a pyro, keep it soldier but set the taunt to something else like laugh taunt, etc).

Custom taunt animations on models still seem to work, as I used laugh taunt for another boss with a custom animated attack, so that might be worth looking in to since it's all class. Party trick might not work on soldier anymore since it's originally a pyro thing anyway.

-----

PHP Code:
    //TF2_AddCondition(clientIdx, TFCond_HalloweenKartDash, 1.2); // This condition is what the Lunge animation comes from.

TF2_AddCondition(clientIdxTFCond:1000.7); // This animation is already part of the game 

Last edited by Chdata; 03-28-2016 at 16:34.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2016 , 17:43   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #153

After some testing it seems like taunt_laugh mapped to slam doesn't work in midair, but it works when someone uses laugh taunt on the ground.

No reason to update model.

aloalola

Edit:

sm_cvar tf_allow_sliding_taunt 1

It works now, however your controls will be stuck until the taunt actually ends, so I had to add TF2_RemoveCondition(clientIdx, TFCond_Taunting) in SS_EndSlam() (wherever the code ends the slam).

But sliding taunt is required.

Looks like this way we can no longer activate slam and then lunge afterwards, oh well.

You also can't move slightly while in mid-air.

Last edited by Chdata; 03-30-2016 at 18:39.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2016 , 21:06   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #154

I did this for a different purpose, but I thought I'd give out what I did to give him back the slam animation.

improved_saxton.ff2
improved_saxton.sp

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 05-27-2016 at 21:07.
goldencheeze
Old 08-19-2022 , 21:10   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #155

EDIT: shit. did not see last online 2018. well that sucks lol, here's the og message below if anyone reading knows a solution
EDIT 2: dane told me slam has been broken for years. lol ill just remove him from armstrong then

Sorry for the necro post, but do you still have the files for Saxton? I'm trying to fix JuegosPablo's Senator Armstrong for my server, everything works aside from his Slam ability, which gives him an error model.

Code:
	"ability11"
	{
		"name"	"saxton_slam"

"arg1"	"1" // key to use. 0 = reload, 1 = middle mouse, 2 = alt fire (not recommended)
		"arg2"	"15.0" // cooldown between uses
		"arg3"	"30.0" // rage cost
		"arg4"	"" // taunt index which has Saxton's animation for this ability
		"arg5"	"0.1" // initial delay, in which the trickery to execute his taunt will be done. too low and the taunt doesn't execute.
		"arg6"	"models/sarysa/tauntprop.mdl" // path to the physics model, which is part of the trick allowing him to taunt in midair
		"arg7"	"1.1" // time before his gravity skyrockets
		"arg8"	"10.0" // gravity to set, recommend higher than weighdown which is 6.0
		"arg9"	"200.0" // damage at the epicenter
		"arg10"	"1000.0" // radius (damage and knockback)
		"arg11"	"1.3" // damage decay exponent. higher exponent = faster decay over distance. 1.0 is linear decay. 0.0 is no decay. (not recommended)
		"arg12"	"1.5" // building damage factor
		"arg13"	"1000.0" // knockback at the epicenter, decay is linear
		"arg14"	"freak_fortress_2\armstrong\hit4.mp3" // rage sounds to play (up to three, semicolon separated)
		"arg15"	"ambient\atmosphere\terrain_rumble1.wav" // sound to play upon hitting the ground

// error strings
		"arg16"	"Ability is on cooldown!"
		"arg17"	"Not enough rage! %.0f rage required."
		"arg18"	"Can't use on the ground or in water!" // if hale is not in midair, this error occurs (reason for the midair requirement is it makes no sense in tight tunnels)
		"arg19"	"Can't use during weighdown!" // if hale has weighdown active, this error occurs

"plugin_name"	"improved_saxton"
	}
Upon inspection, the download for Armstrong doesn't include the .mdl file required, and the taunt index is blank.
To find the taunt index I guess I'll just decompile the model to find what taunt he's supposed to use for his slam, and just find the index for that taunt

Last edited by goldencheeze; 08-19-2022 at 21:33. Reason: Oops, looks like Sarysa's dead.
Frixu
Old 08-20-2022 , 05:42   Re: [BOSS] Saxton Hale revamp v1.0.5, new moves, no stuns! All new rages and code!
Reply With Quote #156

"name" "saxton_slam"

"arg1" "1" // key to use. 0 = reload, 1 = middle mouse, 2 = alt fire (not recommended)
"arg2" "15.0" // cooldown between uses
"arg3" "30.0" // rage cost
"arg5" "0.5" // initial delay, in which the trickery to execute his taunt will be done. too low and the taunt doesn't execute.
"arg7" "1.5" // time before his gravity skyrockets
"arg8" "10.0" // gravity to set, recommend higher than weighdown which is 6.0
"arg9" "200.0" // damage at the epicenter
"arg10" "1000.0" // radius (damage and knockback)
"arg11" "1.3" // damage decay exponent. higher exponent = faster decay over distance. 1.0 is linear decay. 0.0 is no decay. (not recommended)
"arg12" "1.5" // building damage factor
"arg13" "1000.0" // knockback at the epicenter, decay is linear
"arg14" "freak_fortress_2/armstrong/hit4.mp3" // rage sounds to play (up to three, semicolon separated)
"arg15" "ambient/atmosphere/terrain_rumble1.wav" // sound to play upon hitting the ground

// error strings
"arg16" "Ability is on cooldown!"
"arg17" "Not enough rage! %.0f rage required."
"arg18" "Can't use on the ground or in water!" // if hale is not in midair, this error occurs (reason for the midair requirement is it makes no sense in tight tunnels)
"arg19" "Can't use during weighdown!" // if hale has weighdown active, this error occurs

"plugin_name" "improved_saxton"

just arg 4 and arg 6 fucks model, so just remove this args from cfg.

Last edited by Frixu; 08-20-2022 at 05:45. Reason: yes