Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release

Post New Thread Reply   

0x00
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:32   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
That's not a mistake, but a wise decision. I don't see the point to argue. The guy enjoys it for more than 6 months. Source has been provided and it has been distributed for others people freely. The selling has failed and there is no point to keep something private when it's actually already public. The buy was worth for the price. Instead of wasting a work, let's enjoy more people by making the plugin public here. By the way, I don't understand why Joaquim should give back the money, it doesn't make sense when you have some random community from the start which have benefited of this buy. So, what you say is just ridiculous to not say stupid, especially in this context.
i knew that sooner or later you would have to come here and cover your buddy, but np.

it's a "great" work that took him a lot of time, ok. he went ahead to earn some money with it and start to sold it as a private work, right? some time later he realized that no one would pay for it, except one guy that bough it from him and then he went ahead and start to give it for free to everyone?
cmon, the guy paid for it at the first place, and what the fuck you're saying about enjoying it for 6 months? i doubt that he told the guy something like "after 6 months i'll release it to public", not even "if there's not a huge demand to purchase it i'll just release it". i bet he never told the guy about his idea of releasing it to public. so yea, i'm kinda stupid and everything i say makes no sense at all, unlike you and him and everyone covering him. you right, sir.

GXLZPGX
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:33   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #42

I can't do anything but laugh at this whole thread, considering the fact that the whole thing is about someone who decided to release a plugin. To be honest, if Joaquimandrade decides to release his plugin, let him do as he pleases. It's his plugin, and as far as what has been said, it doesn't sound like the creator of the plugin (Joaquimandrade), and the customer had any agreement as to whether or not Joaquimandrade could release it to anyone else, whether it be one person, or a whole community. And as far as it concerns me, I haven't heard any bickering from the one who bought the plugin, so this thread is a dark load of shit.

And no, I'm not taking anyones "side," nor am I admitting that any one of you is right.
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:34   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x00 View Post
asslicker, couldnt describe you with any other word. lemme know if you know any other. could you tell me what makes my life so terrific that i need to get a new one? true that, ignorance is bliss, thats why you came from nowhere and posted this useless comment without any kind of real argument.
I'll start and end the conversation with you with this comment.First of all,you don't have the right to judge someone about something out of your business.You'd better leave the guy who bought the plugin complain about the plugin release himself.Also,you didn't even know what joaquim and the guy who bought the plugin agreed(never release,release after x months or nothing).Personally,i believe that the plugin author has the same rights with the plugin buyer,but it would be better if a conversation between plugin creator and plugin buyer was made.
Just to clear you up that i'm not an asslicker and i don't need to earn anyone's sympathy.What i post is what i believe from what i see.About getting a life,i don't have a recommendation for you yet.You have to grow up first...
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:49   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
i knew that sooner or later you would have to come here and conver your buddy, but np.
No. I post because I really don't understand why you react like that.

Quote:
some time later he realized that no one would pay for it, except one guy that bough it from him and then he went ahead and start to give it for free to everyone?
No, I was meant since the source was distributed, the guy has given the source to others people. I've seen that on a forum lately. Source has been freely distributed to others people, not by Quim.

Quote:
cmon, the guy paid for it at the first place, and what the fuck you're saying about enjoying it for 6 months? i doubt that he told the guy something like "after 6 months i'll release it to public", not even "if there's not a huge demand to purchase it i'll just release it". i bet he never told the guy about his idea of releasing it to public. so yea, i'm kinda stupid and everything i say makes no sense at all, unlike you and him and everyone covering him. you right, sir.
You are simply egoist. Joaquim is the guy who post for the sake of sharing knowledge and others things. Knowing it was already public probably since a long time, there is no point to let the plugin in this state. So simply better to let people enjoy the work. What 's wrong with that ?

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-05-2011 at 14:52.
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:53   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
cmon, the guy paid for it at the first place, and what the fuck you're saying about enjoying it for 6 months?
No, I didn't. But does that imply that I said the opposite? "I will not release it never". No, moron.

I've released it, or asked arkshine to release it because there was a fellow that asked for it in a thread and I felt like: why wouldn't I after this time release the plugin so anyone can use it instead of letting in take dust forever. You don't know what is the real meaning of contributing to the community but I do. I know how to value going to a place and see one thing that we want, that will give us pleasure and being able to take it for nothing. But you are more of the kind that feels pleasure for pissing off people so you won't understand.
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:56   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #46

WOOH!

SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2011 , 15:01   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
No. I post because I really don't understand why you react like that.

No, I was meant since the source was distributed, the guy has given the source to others people. I've seen that on a forum lately. Source has been freely distributed to others people, not by Quim.

You are simply egoist. Joaquim is the guy who post for the sake of sharing knowledge and others things. Knowing it was already public probably since a long time, there is no point to let the plugin in this state. So simply better to let people enjoy the work. What 's wrong with that ?
i am not trying to be a dick, i swear. but yeah, i am pretty egoist. however, his main focus was not to grant people the right to learn thru his code, not at first.. else he wouldnt have tried to sell it first, then leak it to public.

i understand you, and i bet you understand me either. so i am going to leave this for now.

@joaquim~ do you want to know why i am not releasing anything here? your answer is below. why would i release something for free while i can make money off it, unlike you, i don't tend to fail on sales. gl and peace.

[IMG]http://img337.**************/img337/3761/joaquim.png[/IMG]
GXLZPGX
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2011 , 15:05   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
i am not trying to be a dick, i swear. but yeah, i am pretty egoist. however, his main focus was not to grant people the right to learn thru his code, not at first.. else he wouldnt have tried to sell it first, then leak it to public.

i understand you, and i bet you understand me either. so i am going to leave this for now.

@joaquim~ do you want to know why i am not releasing anything here? your answer is below. why would i release something for free while i can make money off it, unlike you, i don't tend to fail on sales. gl and peace.

[IMG]http://img337.**************/img337/3761/joaquim.png[/IMG]
My question is, in the picture, why is there a comma between the 55 and the 26?
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2011 , 15:07   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXLZPGX View Post
My question is, in the picture, why is there a comma between the 55 and the 26?
it's paypal, how should it look like? lol
bibu
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2011 , 15:09   Re: How joaquimandrade should have handled the plugin release
Reply With Quote #50

Who fucking cares if you can write or sell plugins my dear?