Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Team Balance Immunity

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2010 , 15:52   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #31

First, what does your plugin look like that youre using?

Anyways, it uses valves system so....it switches people when they die. If non-admins are dying, it should switch them regardless of how many admins are on. But I did notice it does seem to take a bit longer. If the teams are only off by like, 1 player, people have a low "teambalancescore" so it takes a while to switch someone.
Old 07-28-2010 , 13:44   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #32

Hi retsam, I just used the example plugin - maybe you can advise on the code I would need to force another check?
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2010 , 14:54   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #33

No, if thats all youre using, it shouldnt be an issue. I dont know how the valve balance system works exactly. I would think if, lets say it was going to switch player 1 who happened to be admin, then it would except him from it and switch any non-admins who died instead.

I think only Afronnay could answer if the extension would be messing something up.
Old 07-28-2010 , 18:15   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blik View Post
Hi retsam, I just used the example plugin - maybe you can advise on the code I would need to force another check?
Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
No, if thats all youre using, it shouldnt be an issue. I dont know how the valve balance system works exactly. I would think if, lets say it was going to switch player 1 who happened to be admin, then it would except him from it and switch any non-admins who died instead.

I think only Afronnay could answer if the extension would be messing something up.
I do not believe the extension is the issue. Perhaps the example plugin could be edited to return a higher balance score if a client is not an admin. Since I don't run any servers at the moment, I cannot test this properly.
Sniper214
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-28-2010 , 19:56   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #35

Well I can tell you that its does balance admins. All my admins have the "s" flag and still get switched. I'm using the 1.3 version, speaking of, when I open HLSW to type in sm plugins list It shows Team Balance Immunity 1.0. I will gladly help test this extension/plugin, as of now it does not work as stated.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-28-2010 , 20:08   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #36

Looks like you updated the extension but not the plugin, the plugin source in the repo also has a version number of 1.3.
Sourcemod wont throw errors on missing forwards, so if you are using v1.0 it wont work but you wont get any errors either.
Old 07-28-2010 , 20:24   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Looks like you updated the extension but not the plugin, the plugin source in the repo also has a version number of 1.3.
Sourcemod wont throw errors on missing forwards, so if you are using v1.0 it wont work but you wont get any errors either.
Oh blegh I need a build bot to do that for me.

Updated to fix that problem, Sniper. If you don't want to download the whole package again, I've attached the plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (example.sp - 301 views - 980 Bytes)

Last edited by Afronanny; 07-28-2010 at 20:40.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2010 , 21:59   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #38

I dont know. I did quite a bit of testing by myself on my own test server with bots. I was never balanced when I was admin, but was when immunity was turned off.(which is how it should work)
Old 07-28-2010 , 22:07   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #39

All group have an immunity of 5 or higher. Thanks Afronanny, I'll let you know if it worked.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2010 , 22:14   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #40

Another note. Im not even using the Teambalancescore part in mine. I didnt think that was needed for my uses. All that would do is help someone or some class etc, be less likely to be auto-balanced, where as Im only concerned with immunity. So in the example here has, im not sure why youd want(need?) to have the teambalance score and immunity set for admins. If they are already immune, why bother messing with the teambalance score? (which is why its just an example)

Last edited by retsam; 07-28-2010 at 22:16.