Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay

Post New Thread Reply   

moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2012 , 21:56   CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #1

Does anyone understand how community servers fit in CSGO?

Is there a need to register servers for "community quickplay" like in TF2?

I heard that competitive mode is excluded from community quickplay, is this true?

It definitely says that matchmaking is disabled for community servers. Does this worry anyone else?

Is CS:GO going to be worth doing community servers for?

If there is any official documentation about this please share.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2012 , 08:18   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not aware of any documentation, but I assume servers must be registered for QuickPlay, much like they are for TF2. This likely also applies to Lobby connects (assuming CS:GO is getting that too).
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2012 , 10:24   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I'm not aware of any documentation, but I assume servers must be registered for QuickPlay, much like they are for TF2. This likely also applies to Lobby connects (assuming CS:GO is getting that too).
Have you had anytime to mess with CSGO?

I am trying to setup half my servers as 24 player FF ON and half as 32 player FF OFF and I want to do it from one install. But is there a way to have multiple gamemodes_server.txt files???

It seems that would be the reason if could override the gamemodes.txt but I don't know how to specify it in the launch command.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2012 , 10:46   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie2020 View Post

I am trying to setup half my servers as 24 player FF ON and half as 32 player FF OFF and I want to do it from one install. But is there a way to have multiple gamemodes_server.txt files???

It seems that would be the reason if could override the gamemodes.txt but I don't know how to specify it in the launch command.
Nope. I'm not a big fan of CS 1.6 or CS:S. I only ordered the game for plugin development and the "open" beta for pre-orders doesn't start until today.

Today in Valve time, that is, which could be anywhere up until the game's actual release next week.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2012 , 14:58   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:

It definitely says that matchmaking is disabled for community servers. Does this worry anyone else?
Where does it say this?
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2012 , 16:59   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
Where does it say this?
Inside the game itself. I think when you click on community quickplay.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 08-14-2012 , 22:52   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:

you can only have 24 slots, you can set it higher but only 24 players will be able to join
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2012 , 23:16   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:

Is there a need to register servers for "community quickplay" like in TF2?

I heard that competitive mode is excluded from community quickplay, is this true?
From what I've read, Valve will be hosting all the quickplay servers themselves which are ranked (you can only gain ELO on these servers). To give players the option of playing with more players, that's where community made servers come in which aren't accessed by quickplay, but through the in-game browser. Xbox and PS3 players can only connect through quickplay therefore they won't be able to play with anymore than 10 players (community made servers).

Quote:

Is CS:GO going to be worth doing community servers for?
I'm sorry you won't be able to make a quick buck by spamming Pinion ads on your CS:GO servers.

Last edited by bluechester; 08-14-2012 at 23:19.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2012 , 04:16   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechester View Post
From what I've read, Valve will be hosting all the quickplay servers themselves which are ranked (you can only gain ELO on these servers). To give players the option of playing with more players, that's where community made servers come in which aren't accessed by quickplay, but through the in-game browser. Xbox and PS3 players can only connect through quickplay therefore they won't be able to play with anymore than 10 players (community made servers).

I'm sorry you won't be able to make a quick buck by spamming Pinion ads on your CS:GO servers.
Well that is confusing since the menu options are "Community Quickplay" or "Find a Game/Matchmaking"

So what are supposed to be the normal player levels for CSGO? 10, 24??

I am not sure what you mean about spamming ADs since it happens when you join the server only but ok.

I am not worried about ad money I am worried about setting up the settings so I can create a couple of community servers that can actually be found. I don't want them kicked out because I set it to competitive instead of casual or because I have 24 players instead of 10.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2012 , 04:18   Re: CS:GO Quickplay VS Multiplay
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
you can only have 24 slots, you can set it higher but only 24 players will be able to join
Is 24 permanent or just for Beta? I don't have CS servers now but I see 32 slot servers in Source and 1.6...

So is 24 considered default or should it be lower for CS?