Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2020 , 18:25   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyDF93 View Post
So demanding. I said soon™
You are publishing your code through a platform with wide reach. Not to sound rude, but without source you can distribute harmful code to users. Please provide source along with the binary.
Old 02-06-2020 , 18:32   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyDF93 View Post
So demanding. I said soon™
It is nothing to do with being demanding, it is a legal requirement for SourceMod Extensions.
Old 02-16-2020 , 11:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1223

So this is the legendary extension I remember using back in the old days alongside Superversus to host 12 player matches in cibercafes? It's probably too late to say thanks, but anyways I appreciate the work put here.

So what should be used for messing with stuff like increasing maxplayers nowadays? I've heard something about DHooks, but apparently that would mean taking care of the player increase manually then. At least so far Left 4 Downtown has been doing fine in my Windows listen server. Hopefully it won't break in the future.

Last edited by DragShot; 02-16-2020 at 11:30.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-16-2020 , 12:37   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragShot View Post
So what should be used for messing with stuff like increasing maxplayers nowadays?
L4DToolZ
Old 02-16-2020 , 12:39   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragShot View Post
So this is the legendary extension I remember using back in the old days alongside Superversus to host 12 player matches in cibercafes? It's probably too late to say thanks, but anyways I appreciate the work put here.

So what should be used for messing with stuff like increasing maxplayers nowadays? I've heard something about DHooks, but apparently that would mean taking care of the player increase manually then. At least so far Left 4 Downtown has been doing fine in my Windows listen server. Hopefully it won't break in the future.
You can use L4DToolz to extend slots. It is much more stable extension compared to Downtown.
Old 02-17-2020 , 15:08   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
You can use L4DToolz to extend slots. It is much more stable extension compared to Downtown.
Thanks guys, I'll check it out. I suppose recent versions of Superversus should be compatible with this.

The thing is, I'm trying to upgrade my SourceMod installation to 1.10 but this time starting from scratch instead of through a pre-configured bundle; so I'm looking for the most recent versions of the plugins I currently have installed as well as some replacements for those that are now discontinued.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-24-2020 , 01:05   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1227

Left 4 DHooks Direct

Left 4 Downtown conversion ported to DHooks and L4D Direct merger. Compatible with L4D1 and L4D2. Adding new features, natives and forwards. Replaces the extension.

Last edited by Silvers; 02-24-2020 at 01:06.
Zoidberg656
Old 05-09-2020 , 16:49   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1228

If I set the limit in the menu and do a local game, via "map mapname", will it still adjust the player count?