Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)

Post New Thread Reply   

disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2018 , 08:48   SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #1

About
Hi there! For a long time I did not programm in SourcePawn. Seems like my stuffs out of date and I want to update them.
I discovered that docs generate plugin is also very outdated and generates 60-70% of SM API. So, I provide the newer version.

SourceMod-Npp-Docs

Here the new API docs with all (I hope) function, define, enum, methodmap and fixed xml structure. Docs were generated by reworked generator plugin.

Features:
  • Generate auto-completion files.
  • Generate inline docs (sourcemod.xml).
  • Supports SourceMod 1.7 API specifics.

Changes:
  • Added better way to detect commentary.
  • Added methods docs.
  • Added more console stats.
  • Added xml filter.
  • Code optimization.
  • Detects all func params.
  • Detects enum & define correctly.
  • Detects methodmap selection.
  • Makes keywords to pop up correctly.

Server command:

sm_makedocs - starts to parse SourceMod includes and generates output files.

Methodmaps notes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notepad++ wiki
In future release of Notepad++, you will be able to add more characters - the dot is a likely candidate - by specifying the additionalWordChars parameter in the environment. However, this additionalWordChars is still not working
It's sad and I didn't find a way to make the methods work like in IDA.
However, I made methodpam strings to make life easier:

These strings are not actual SourceMod functions. The purpose of these strings is to provide access to documentation showing the methodmap structure.
Also you may convert them to code and vice versa to watch docs.

URL:

Old thread is here: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting

p.s If you find grammar error let me know!

Last edited by disawar1; 04-21-2019 at 18:01. Reason: blah
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 08-31-2018 , 03:10   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #2

Cool stuff, always annoyed me when I saw outdated documentation from the old autocomplete. Thanks for this
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2018 , 05:26   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #3

Сurrently I missed some defines and public variables like: NULL_VECTOR, MaxClients. I'll try add it later.

Last edited by disawar1; 08-31-2018 at 05:42.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-12-2018 , 09:06   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #4

Relaese v3

Notes:
  • Files were generated with npp-generator (version 1.2.9)
  • Totally were generated: function: 1421, misc 123, define 1431
  • Generated from SourceMod 1.9 (build 6251)
Changes:
- Added missing defines

Also, I recommend to use 3P: Progress Programmers Pal plugin for autocompletion feature

Last edited by disawar1; 09-12-2018 at 09:12.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 09-18-2018 , 14:08   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #5

I tried making syntax highlighting for NP++ before, but I ran into an issue where once the language file hits a certain length/size/# of characters, it starts ignoring everything after that specific limit which resulted in half-highlighted files. That's when I gave up on NP++ and switched over to Sublime Text.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-18-2018 at 14:22.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-20-2018 , 21:32   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #6

Notepad++ autocompletion is pretty garbage...3P plugin solved the problem. That's why I recommend to use it. I tried Sublime Text but there no docs, right?
Old 09-21-2018 , 02:54   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
Notepad++ autocompletion is pretty garbage...3P plugin solved the problem. That's why I recommend to use it. I tried Sublime Text but there no docs, right?
I use Sublime Text. I'm currently putting final touches on SourcePawn syntax highlighting for Sublime Text 3. No autocomplete/docs though, that stuff is far beyond my reach. An autocompletion package for SourcePawn does exist in Package Control but I haven't set mine up correctly so it does nothing for me. Plus I've got like 15 different development directories I'm trying to consolidate into one atm.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 09-22-2018 , 04:18   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UNF View Post
I'm currently putting final touches on SourcePawn syntax highlighting for Sublime Text 3.
Why not just contribute to https://github.com/Dillonb/SublimeSourcePawn instead of making a new package?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 09-25-2018 , 14:40   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
Why not just contribute to https://github.com/Dillonb/SublimeSourcePawn instead of making a new package?
Because I prefer not to? Because I made mine from scratch and would rather not attempt to contribute all that to an already existing project and hope that the pull request is approved (it probably wouldn't be). I suppose you could ask that same question to everyone who makes their own highlighting for Notepad++ as there's probably 3 or 4 versions out there now (this one, Decaprime's, mine), but at the end of the day, why bother?

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-25-2018 at 14:46.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2018 , 19:34   Re: SourceMod-Npp-Docs (Autocompletion/Docs/Highlighting for Notepad++)
Reply With Quote #10

just upgraded to win 10 with a fresh install
had to reinstall notepad++ and saw this updated version
i think you should add how to install to your readme since i had to goto the old thread to find out how to install this